Invasive Plant Species & Their Remediation for Harvesters & Landowners - Houlton
Division / Program: Forest Service
Date: September 17, 2020
Time: 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Location: Riverfront Park, Houlton, ME - 49 North St, Houlton, ME
Event Type: Workshop/Training
Stop the Spread!!!
Invasive plant species harm the forests and land values in Maine. Learn to identify some of the most common invasive species in this hands-on workshop.
Participants should wear long pants and closed toe shoes. Please bring transportation, water, and snacks.
- What are invasive plants & why are they are harmful?
- Why be prepared & take precautions?
- How to identify common invasive species.
- How to avoid spreading them: BMP's
- Resources to help harvesters & landowners
- Visits to several local sites to identify invasive species, review removal process and what harvesters and landowners can do to STOP the spread
Education Credit for:
- Qualified Logging Professional (QLP)
- Certified Logging Professional (CLP)
- Northeast Master Logger Certification (ML)
- Society of American Foresters (SAF)
- Maine Board of Forester Licensing (LF)
- Maine Board of Pesticide Control (BPC)
- Master Logger Certification Program
- Southern Aroostook Soil and Water Conservation District
- Maine Natural Areas Program
- Maine Forest Service
Contact Name: Angela Wotton
Contact Phone: 207-254-4126
Contact Email: email@example.com
Cost: No Fee