Requests for Paper Renewal Applications
- Registered Nurse (RN) | PDF
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) | PDF
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Certified Nurse Practitioner (CNP)* | PDF
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM)* | PDF
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)* | PDF
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)* | PDF
If you request a paper application to renew, these steps are required:
- Complete the 3 page application;
- Make sure you sign and date the application;
- Make sure you include other documents requested on applications such as national certification and DEA (for advanced practice nurses only);
- The required fee is $75.00 for RNs, $50.00 for LPNs, and $100 for CNP, CNM, CRNA and CNS;
- Return application with enclosures by fax [(207) 287-1149], email [Nursing.PFR@maine.gov], or mail** [158 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-058];
- If you had previously declared another state as your primary state of residence and you are now declaring Maine, register for, and complete, the criminal back ground check;
In addition to all of the above, if you have a name change, we require a copy of the appropriate legal document.
- Verify that your license has been renewed by visiting: https://www.pfr.maine.gov/ALMSOnline/ALMSQuery/SearchIndividual.aspx?Board=1310.
*If you are downloading an APRN renewal application, you must call the office to ascertain whether you were selected for an audit.
**Completed application must be received by our office postmarked prior to your birthdate.