Requests for Paper Reinstatement Applications (Failed to Renew/Lapsed License)
- Registered Nurse (RN) | PDF
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) | PDF
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Certified Nurse Practitioner (CNP) | PDF
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) | PDF
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) | PDF
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) | PDF
If you request a paper application to reinstate, these steps are required:
- Complete the 3 page application;
- Make sure you sign and date the application;
- Make sure you include other documents requested on applications such as national certification and DEA (for advanced practice nurses only);
- The required fee is $85.00 for RNs, $60.00 for LPNs, and $110 for CNP, CNM, CRNA and CNS;
- Enclose a signed explanation, on a separate page, of why your license lapsed;
- Return application with enclosures by fax [(207) 287-1149], email [Nursing.PFR@maine.gov], or mail [158 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-058]**;
- If you have declared Maine as your primary state of residence, register for, and complete, the criminal back ground check***;
- In addition to all of the above, if you have a name change, we require a copy of the appropriate legal document;
- Verify that your license has been reinstated by visiting: https://www.pfr.maine.gov/ALMSOnline/ALMSQuery/SearchIndividual.aspx?Board=1310.
*If you are currently employed, you may not practice until your license has been reinstated.
**Applications will be processed as soon as possible, in the order for which they are recieved.
***Unless you are currently employed, your application will not be processed until you have completed the criminal background check.