Maine State Harness Racing Commission
The Harness Racing Commission provides oversight and support of the Maine’s harness racing industry with a goal of promoting fairness and integrity of the sport.
On this page:
- Harness Racing News
- Maine Sire Stakes Stallion Directory
- Featured Harness Racing Stories
- Trackmaster Horse Ratings
- Upcoming Public Meetings
2021 Maine Harness Racing Calendar Available
- Download Harness Racing Dates Calendar (PDF) - Updated 3/30/2021
Maine State Harness Racing Commission Licenses a New Commercial Track and Approves a 150 Day 2021 Calendar
On February 8, 2021, the Maine State Harness Racing Commission licensed First Tracks Investments, LLC as Maine’s second commercial race track. First Tracks will conduct its inaugural 56-day meet at the Cumberland Fairgrounds during 2021. The Commission also approved a 150 day 2021 racing calendar.
Off-track Betting Facilites are Open
Maine’s off-track betting/simulcast facilities are open in Bangor, Sanford Scarborough, Lewiston, Brunswick, and Waterville. Please check with these businesses about hours and days of operation.
- The Making of a Champion: Breeding Horses for the Sire Stakes - Featuring the Graffam family, Norton Farm of Falmouth.
- Hooked on Harness - The Cushing family’s presence in harness racing spans six decades. Reprinted from Hoof Beats Magazine.
- See you at the Fair: 2019 Marks 150 Years of Harness Racing Fun - This year’s agricultural fair season is a celebration of a century and a half of horse-powered excitement.
Trackmaster Horse Ratings is a computer-based assessment of a horse's overall ability that is calcuated based on past performance ratings.
No meetings currently scheduled.