Home → Labor Laws > Maine Monitor Advocate
Maine Monitor Advocate
The State Monitor Advocate monitors agricultural employers for compliance with the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act and the Fair Labor Standards Act. To do this, the Monitor Advocate:
- Conducts field checks in the agriculture industry.
- Provides information and advocacy for migrant and seasonal farmworkers on issues such as wages, housing and discrimination.
- Informs farmworkers of their rights and the services available to them.
- Ensures that migrant workers seeking employment services receive the same level of service as nonagricultural or nonimmigrant customers.
- Migrant Worker Resource Guide
- Map of Major Crop Growing Areas in Maine
- Maine Employee Rights Guide
- Guía de Derechos de Empleados en Maine
- Tips for a Healthy Back for Farmworkers
- Consejos para una Espalda Saludable
Hotline for Migrant and Seasonal Farmworkers: 1-888-307-9800 (Spanish and English spoken)
Migrant workers can contact the hotline to find out about farm work or nonagricultural employment. Migrant workers can also get assistance with obtaining a variety of services, including health care, shelter, food and clothing or educational opportunities. Workers who do not speak English can request assistance obtaining appointments with social service and health care providers.
To Contact Us
State Monitor Advocate:
55 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04330
e-mail: Juan Perez-Febles
phone: (207) 623-7971
TTY: Maine relay 711
Hotline for Migrant and Seasonal Farmworkers: 1-888-307-9800