Data, Research and Vital Statistics - Forms
The forms listed below are available from the Maine CDC Vital Records office. If a form that you want is not available on line, please email us, or call us at 207-287-5466, and we will send you the form(s).
Some of these forms are in PDF format, and require Adobe Acrobat or the free Adobe Reader (download here) , Version 6 or higher, to view and print. Print the forms using the Adobe printer icon, not your browser printer icon. Some of the forms are available in both PDF and MS-Word or format. MS Word documents require MS Word or the free Word Viewer (download here) to view or print.
If you need an alternate format, please contact us via email, or phone (207-287-5466).
- To order Birth, Marriage, Divorce, and Death records
- VS2A - State of Maine Intention of Marriage (pdf)
- VS7 - Application to Correct a Vital Record in Maine
- VS7 Inst. - Instructions for Completing the Application to Correct a Vital Record in Maine -(VS7)
- VS8 - Application for an Amended Birth Record following Legitimation Affidavit
- VS8A - Instructions for Applying for a new Birth Certificate following a Legitimation
- VS27B - Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity Recission/Removal
- VS27C - Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity
- VS38 - Application for Disinterment or Removal of Human Remains
- VS60 - Delayed Birth Registration
- VS61 - Instructions for filing Delayed Birth Registration
- dompartinst -Instructions and Information for Declaration of Domestic Partnerships -See the following forms VS70, VS71 and VS72 below to go with these instructions.
- VS70 - Declaration of Domestic Partnership
- VS71 - Termination of Domestic Partnership by Mutual Consent
- VS72 - Alternate Notice of Termination of Domestic Partnership
- eligmatrix - Matrix for who can obtain a Certified or Non-Certified copy of a Vital Record
- officiant instructions - Instructions for completing a non-resident application to perform a marriage in Maine
- officiant application - Application for a non-resident officiant authorization to perform a marriage in Maine
- vraccess - Procedure Document for Accessing Vital Records and Genealogical Research in Maine
- **A Legal Change of Name on Maine Birth Record (word) - What you must do; what you should know.
- *Authorized Person Making Final Arrangements - Instructions, process and documents required for making final arrangements.
- *Direct and Legitimate Interest - Accessing closed records in Maine.
- **Facts You Should Know About Your Child's Birth Certificate (word) Facts to know in the preparation of your child's birth certificate.
- *Performing a Marriage Ceremony - . Instructions and procedures for officiant.
- *Planning Your Marriage in Maine - Assist you in the planning of your marriage ceremony.
- *The Maine Adoption Reunion Registry - Who may register?
*This pamphlet is intended to be a tri-folded document. Print the two page document making a double sided copy and then tri-fold into a pamphlet.
**This pamphlet is intended to be a half-folded document. Print the two page document making a double sided copy and then fold in half into a pamphlet.
Restricted Access Forms
Note: Access to these forms is restricted to those who have applied for and received a user id and password to access the forms. If you do not have a user id and password, please visit the Application form.