Maine Diabetes Prevention & Control Programs
The Maine Diabetes Prevention and Control Program, funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, dedicates its resources to promote:
- Excellence in diabetes care
- Increase access to care
- Support efforts to enhance a more efficient and effective healthcare system for the people in Maine.
Phone: (207) 287-5380
TTY: Maine relay 711
- It is important to find out early if you have prediabetes or type 2 diabetes, because early treatment can prevent the serious problems caused by high blood glucose. There are many factors that increase your risk for pediabetes and diabetes.
- To find out about your risk:
- Take this Risk Quiz (pdf*)
- Go to Diabetes Risk Factors for a list of items that increase your risk
Physical Activity Guidelines
- Physical activity can help diabetes and weight control
- Physical Activity Webpage
Questions to Ask about Your Medications?
- Questions are the Answer, Make Sure You Know Your Medications
Diabetes Educational Material Available
- The DPCP has copies of diabetes educational material from NDEP available. Agencies and Organizations in Maine can order educational material for distribution to Maine residence. Print the order form below and mail or fax us the completed form.
- Diabetes Educational Material Order Form (pdf*)