Information for Real Estate Transactions
- "Protect Your Family from Lead in Your Home" -- Federal law states this brochure must be distributed to tenants/ buyers of housing built before 1978 prior to lease or sale. The disclosure forms are available from the EPA.
- Maine no longer requires a separate disclosure for real estate transactions .
- State law requires the follwing information about arsenic be distributed during a real estate transaction:
- Here are optional resources that may be helpful during real eastate transactions:
- Brochure about testing well water: Is Your Well Water Safe to Drink? (pdf*)
- Tipsheet: What to do if your well water has too much arsenic. (pdf*)
- Contact us to order free copies of any of these materials. Phone: 866-292-3474 or 207-287-4311. Email: email@example.com. TTY: Maine Relay 711.
- Frequently Asked Questions About the 2 pCi/L Radon Air Recommendation
- Frequently Asked Questions about the 4,000 pCi/L Maximum Exposure Guideline for well water