The State Workforce Board was created by the Maine Legislature to ensure that the State's workforce development system helps Maine people and businesses compete successfully in the global economy.
It is part of a larger network called the Workforce Development System (WDS) which includes other State agencies such as Department of Education, Adult Education, Department of Health and Human Services, as well as the College and University System and employers.
The Core partners under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act are
- MDOL - Bureau of Employment Services
- MDOL - Bureau of Rehabilitation Services
- MDOE - Adult Education
Local Workforce Boards
- North Eastern Workforce Board; Local Area 1 & 2
- Central / Western Maine Workforce Board; Local Area 3
- Coastal Counties Workforce Board; Local Area 4