State Workforce Board (SWB)
The State Workforce Board, formerly the State Workforce Investment Board, is responsible for assisting the Governor in performing the duties and responsibilities required by the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014. All members of the Board are appointed by the Governor and represent the many facets of workforce development - business, labor, public education, higher education, economic development, youth activities, employment and training, as well as the Legislature. The Board meets on a regular basis and the public is encouraged to attend the meetings.
News & Events
State Plan and Annual Report
- 2020-2023 Unified State Plan Approved June 2020 now available.
- State Workforce Development Board Annual Report
- State of Maine WIOA Unified Plan -Approved October 2016
- December 2, 2020: Veterans Employment Committee
- December 2, 2020: Permanent Commission on the Status of Racial, Indigenous and Maine Tribal Populations
- December 11, 2020: State Workforce Board