State Workforce Board (SWB)
The State Workforce Board, formerly the State Workforce Investment Board, is responsible for assisting the Governor in performing the duties and responsibilities required by the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014. All members of the Board are appointed by the Governor and represent the many facets of workforce development - business, labor, public education, higher education, economic development, youth activities, employment and training, as well as the Legislature. The Board meets on a regular basis and the public is encouraged to attend the meetings.
News & Events
State Plan and Annual Report
- 2020-2023 Unified State plan is available for review.
- 2018 Plan Modificaiton Comments
- State Workforce Development Board Annual Report January 2017
- State of Maine WIOA Unified Plan -Approved October 2016
- October 2, 2023: SWB Worker Employment, Education, and Training Committee
- October 23, 2023: SWB Industry Leadership Committee
- November 13, 2023: SWB Worker Employment, Education, and Training Committee