April 20, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 20, 2018
Media Contact: Tim Sardano, Maine Department of Labor, (207) 626-6232
Class registration or 1-877-SAFE 345 (1-877-723-3345)
AUGUSTA—The Maine Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Standards is hosting its no-charge Wage and Hour Compliance Assistance course for employers throughout the spring. Visit the class registration page at http://www.safetyworksmaine.gov or call 1-877-SAFE 345 (1-877-723-3345) to register.
This seminar covers wage and hour laws, including minimum wage, overtime, youth employment, severance pay, equal pay, leave requirements (family medical leave, family sick leave, and domestic violence), and break requirements, and also addresses commonly asked labor-related questions. Wage and Hour Compliance Assistance is designed for human resource or benefits professionals, accountants, business owners, managers, or payroll supervisors.
The class is available from 9 a.m. to Noon at the following dates and locations:
- April 25, SafetyWorks Training Institute, 45 Commerce Dr., Augusta
- May 3, Lewiston CareerCenter, 5 Mollison Way, Lewiston
- May 8, Port Resources, 280B Gannett Dr., South Portland
- May 22, York County CareerCenter, 9 Bodwell Ct., Springvale
- May 22, Rockland CareerCenter, 91 Camden Street, Ste. 201, Rockland
- May 29, SafetyWorks Training Institute, 45 Commerce Dr., Augusta
The Bureau of Labor Standards is Maine’s regulatory agency overseeing labor and employment law and workplace safety; it provides both consultation and enforcement services. The division promotes and achieves compliance with labor standards to protect and enhance the welfare of Maine’s workforce.
Maine Department of Labor is an equal opportunity provider. Auxiliary aids and services are available to individuals with disabilities upon request.