March 30, 2022
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - March 30, 2022
CareerCenter April Hiring Events and Services
MAINE - The Maine Department of Labor's CareerCenters, together with their partners, offer many services to help people find employment or upgrade skills, and help employers find qualified workers.
Due to COVID-19, CareerCenters quickly transitioned to providing services primarily virtually to expand access and protect the health of customers, communities, and staff. The reach of the CareerCenters expanded during the pandemic through enhancement of virtual and online services like LiveChat, the CareerCenter hotline, and through partnerships with community organizations, town halls, and with several Maine libraries.
Services are available virtually via the CareerCenter hotline (207-623-7981 or 888-457-8883 or Maine Relay 11), through LiveChat, or email MaineDOL.CareerCenter@maine.gov. If you'd prefer to access services and information in-person at one of our CareerCenters, call the CareerCenter hotline to schedule an appointment or visit the CareerCenter location website to see when staff are on-site near you.
April Hiring Events:
- April 1, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Kennebunk - Home Instead is hiring CAREGivers, Home Health Aides and CNAs
- April 2, 2022 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Rockland Hannaford hiring event
- April 2, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Kennebunk - Home Instead is hiring CAREGivers, Home Health Aides and CNAs
- April 5, 2022 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Virtual event- Frito Lay has various openings in Auburn, Oakland, Scarborough, and Wilton
- April 5, 2022 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Scarborough Chep Services hiring event
- April 5, 2022 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Belfast USPS hiring event
- April 6, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Machias - Sponsored By: Vocational Rehabilitation, Eastern Maine Development Corporation, Axiom Education and Training Center, Washington County Adult Education, and MDOL/CareerCenter
- April 7, 2022 from 9:30 a.m. 3 p.m. in Portland - United Ground Express will be having a hiring event for a variety of United Airlines ground crew positions.
- April 9, 2022 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Rockland Hannaford hiring event
- April 9, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Portland ADUSA hiring event
- April 14, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Virtual event featuring York County seasonal and hospitality openings
- April 27, 2022 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Sanford Featuring positions in Manufacturing, Health Care, Hospitality, and more
- And more are added all the time!
More information about these hiring events can be found by clicking on the event at https://www.mainecareercenter.com/employment/hiringevents/
The following services and programs are available at no cost to the public:
- Career Directions Explores your career interests, aptitudes, values, personality, motivation and how each transfer to todays job market.
- Resume & Cover Letter Writing Covers the basics of how to evaluate or create an effective resume and cover letter.
- Effective Interviewing Skills Dedicated to exploring proper interviewing techniques and tips.
- Job Search Essentials - This workshop is intended to orient job seekers with the digital tools that have risen in importance
- The Career Exploration WorkshopAn extensive and informative three-day workshop offered to Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) clients to explore a variety of career paths and research the required skills needed for those careers. Registration through Vocational Rehabilitation is required. Please call (207) 753-9000 for more information.
- Navigating Hiring Process for Individuals with a Criminal History - Navigating Job Search and Hiring Process for Individuals with a Criminal History
- And MORE!
You can get more information and register for workshops by clicking on them here: https://www.mainecareercenter.com/employment/workshops.shtml
Connecting with Opportunities Initiative: MainesConnecting with OpportunitiesInitiative is a dislocated worker grant that is focused on the opioid crisis. It can provide one-on-one career guidance, employment-based case management, and financial assistance to unemployed individuals impacted by opioid use disorder. It can also assist out-of-work individuals who would like to enter career fields focused on substance use disorder and recovery. More information: https://www.maine.gov/labor/bes/coi/
Customized Connections Program: Looking for work today means finding that perfect match.Jobseekers have unique priorities to consider like flexible hours, distance from home or childcare, work environment, unique benefits- and businesses are responding! This is a one-on-one, customized service for everyone, no matter where you are in your career. Tell us what youre looking for in your job search or next step on your career pathway in this 3-minute survey and let us help you make the match! CareerCenter staff will reach out to respondents by phone or email within about 48 hours to get started: https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=q6g_QX0gYkubzeoajy-GTo2tKVHytLtNjAaolN0eV1pUNEo5MldMVDhER1FRMFNHNVpJVjlRN0JCQy4u
Each of the centers across the state provides public computers with internet access, Microsoft Office, resume/cover letter writing software, and O*Net software for personal skills assessment. Employers can list their open positions on Maine JobLink and use our online system which matches jobs with candidates. All CareerCenter services are provided at no charge to employers and job seekers. Veterans and eligible spouses receive priority of service in all Department of Labor programs.