October 1, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - October 1, 2021
October Programs and Hiring Events at the Maine Department of Labor CareerCenters
MAINE - The Maine Department of Labor's CareerCenters, together with its partners, offers many services to help people find employment or upgrade skills, and help employers find qualified workers.
Due to COVID-19, many services are being offered virtually, while in-person services are currently being offered by appointment. Hiring events are being offered virtually, drive-through, or in person. Appointments or pre-registration can be made by calling 1-888-457-8883 or by live-chatting with staff on the https://www.mainecareercenter.gov website.
October Hiring Events:
- October 6, 2021 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. in Lewiston - Maine CareerCenters Outside Hiring Event
- October 14, 2021 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. in Brunswick Maine CareerCenters Outside Hiring Event
- October 16, 2021 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Augusta NRF Outside Hiring Event
- October 20, 2021 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. in Lewiston Maine CareerCenters Outside Hiring Event
- October 21, 2021 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Virtual Maine Hire-A-Vet Hiring Event
- October 28, 2021 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. in Brunswick Maine CareerCenters Outside Hiring Event
- And more are added all the time!
More information about hiring events can be found by clicking on the event at https://www.mainecareercenter.com/employment/hiringevents/
The following services and programs are available at no cost to the public:
- Career Directions Explores your career interests, aptitudes, values, personality, motivation and how each transfer to todays job market.
- Resume & Cover Letter Writing Covers the basics of how to evaluate or create an effective resume and cover letter.
- Effective Interviewing Skills Dedicated to exploring proper interviewing techniques and tips.
- Job Search Essentials - This workshop is intended to orient job seekers with the digital tools that have risen in importance
- The Career Exploration WorkshopAn extensive and informative three-day workshop offered to Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) clients to explore a variety of career paths and research the required skills needed for those careers. Registration through Vocational Rehabilitation is required. Please call (207) 753-9000 for more information.
- Navigating Hiring Process for Individuals with a Criminal History - Navigating Job Search and Hiring Process for Individuals with a Criminal History
- And MORE!
Workshops can be accessed by clicking on them here: https://www.mainecareercenter.com/employment/workshops.shtml
Each of the twelve statewide centers provides public computers with internet access, Microsoft Office, resume/cover letter writing software, and O*Net software for personal skills assessment. Employers can list their open positions on Maine JobLink and use our online system which matches jobs with candidates. All CareerCenter services are provided at no charge to employers and job seekers. Veterans and eligible spouses receive priority of service in all Department of Labor programs.