Welcome to the Maine GeoLibrary
Please visit the Maine GeoLibrary News page for news and updates: https://www.maine.gov/geolib/news.html
Maine GeoLibrary COVID-19 Content Available
As part of the State of Maine coordinated response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Maine Office of GIS has created a dashboard, web map, and feature layer that update daily with Maine CDC case data at the county level. That content is now available in the Maine GeoLibrary Data Catalog:
Thank you for your support of the Maine GeoLibrary and its projects.
For further assistance, please contact the Maine GeoLibrary Board
The mission of the GeoLibrary was set by legislature in state statutes; Title 5, Part 4, Chapter 163 2001 through 2006. The Board seeks to expand and promote the value of geographic spatial data through widespread distribution and innovative use for the benefit of Maine's citizens.
The Maine Library of Geographic Information is a state-of-the-art, comprehensive, and ever expanding portal to public geospatial information and services. The vision for the GeoLibrary encompasses:
- Stewardship of priority, statewide digital geospatial data and associated technology through the GeoLibrary Portal.
- Facilitating the modernization and GIS development of local government land records, and promoting innovative uses of public information that fosters economic development
- Multiagency data-sharing cooperation that results in significant savings in the cost of creating and maintaining geodata.
- Budgeting and revenue development that prioritizes the strategic importance of geospatial information.
- An education and outreach program that educates state and local government officials and representatives on the benefits of GIS.
Goals and/or Strategic Initiatives
- Database Development
- Portal Development
- Land Records Modernization
- Data Sharing and Distribution
- Education / Outreach
Maine GeoNews: THE e-mail list to subscribe to for all GIS discussion in Maine!