Capacity Development Training Reimbursement Fund
The Capacity Development Training Reimbursement Fund (TRF) allows training providers to receive funding for training public water system operators, owners, and personnel. The purpose of the Capacity Development TRF is to subsidize the costs associated with training water system operators/personnel on topics approved by the Maine Board of Licensure for Water System Operators.
The DWP has reserved a total of $150,000 for the State Fiscal Year 2020 Program.
- Each eligible course will be allowed $15 per Training Contact Hour (TCH) per qualifying attendee.
- Qualifying attendees include public water system employees, operators, owners, trustees, and all licensed water operators.
- Instructors, training provider staff, and Drinking Water Program staff are excluded from funding.
- A maximum of 6 TCHs ($90 per qualifying attendee) may be awarded per day of training.
- There is no maximum number of attendees.
Please note: Safety training courses are not eligible for TRF funding. Free training classes are not eligible for TRF funding. A course is not eligible for reimbursement if it is approved by the Board of Licensure of Water System Operators after the course has been held.
Requirements for participating in the Capacity Development TRF
- Training must be approved by the Board of Licensure of Water System Operators before the course is held.
- Training must be provided between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020.
- Within 30 days of course completion the training provider must submit the following:
- A Capacity Development Training Reimbursement Fund Reimbursement Form
- Attendance roster (must include water system name, and water operator identification number if licensed)
- Final course content (e.g. course brochure)
- A summary of course evaluations
Please note: Training provided as part of association meetings, association conferences, and association tradeshows does not qualify for reimbursement under the TRF. Safety training courses are not eligible for TRF funding.
- Reimbursement requests must be submitted within 30 days of the course completion. Reimbursement requests made beyond 30 days of the course completion will not be funded.
- Reimbursement payments will be processed on the first Friday of each month in the order in which they are received, or until funds have been exhausted.
Click here for information on becoming a training provider.
To learn more about the Capacity Development Training Reimbursement Fund, contact Sara Flanagan by calling (207) 287-5678 or e-mail email@example.com.