Division of Audit
The Division of Audit is part of the Financial Management Services within the Department of Health and Human Services. Financial Management is responsible for managing the resources entrusted to the Department in an efficient and effective manner.
The Division of Audit contributes to this goal by performing compliance and cost settlement audits on approximately 600 different provider organizations and/or community agencies which receive over $1.5 billion of State and Federal funds through either the MaineCare program or from contracted services.
The Division of Audit is comprised of the following units:
- MaineCare Audit – this unit conducts cost settlement reviews on MaineCare providers receiving reimbursement on a cost basis such as Nursing Facilities, Hospitals, Residential Care Facilities, Private Non-Medical Institutions and Intermediate Care Facilities for the Mentally Retarded (ICF/MR)
- Social Service Audit – this unit conducts desk reviews on audits submitted by community agencies that have been performed in accordance with 2 CFR Part 200 as well as close-out reviews on all Department contracts to sub-recipients
- Internal Audit – this unit oversees all auditing of DHHS conducted by external agencies, assures corrective action plans are implemented and meeting their objective and conducts specialized audits as needed
|Location:||Mailing Address:||Telephone Numbers:|
221 State Street
|Department of Health and Human Services
Financial Services - Audit
# 11 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333-0011
TTY: Maine relay 711
Fax: (207) 287-2601
- Effective 06/14/2017 the State of Maine will be using a new encryption process. Click here for details
- Rate Setting Unit is now under the direction of Office of MaineCare Services (OMS). The website will remain in its current location.