The General Government Service Center (GGSC) works to professionally deliver sound financial services so that our customer agencies can effectively manage their operations and serve the people of Maine.
Collectively, our customers:
- Help students reach their potential and prepare them for college, careers and civic life;
- Help communities and businesses prosper;
- Promote and preserve Maine culture, art and literature;
- Lead state government and set the direction for the State of Maine;
- Guard against corruption and undue influence in the Maine election process;
- Administer Maine tax, liquor and lottery laws; and,
- Coordinate government-wide functions, such as budgeting, accounting, personnel management, technology, procurement, and property management.
GGSC operates within the Division of Financial and Personnel Services of the Department of Administrative and Financial Services.