Private Well Water Resources for Community Partners
The resources provided below are for organizations interested in learning more about the drinking water that comes from private wells in Maine. Use these resources to plan and evaluate community prevention activities, apply for funding, and monitor this important environmental health issue in Maine. Work is underway to make additional resources available on this page, so check back often.
Questions about these resources? Contact Karyn Butts at 207-287-6650 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the Maine Tracking Network data portal to find private well water quality data (for arsenic, fluoride, manganese, nitrate, nitrite, and uranium) for towns, Healthy Maine Partnership service areas, counties, public health districts, and the state. The data portal is also home to Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System data about homes with wells and well water testing behavior.
In the interactive data portal, you can create your own customized maps, tables, and charts to better understand private well water quality and testing in your area.
Private Well Water Data on the Maine Tracking Network : Watch this webinar to learn how to use the Maine Tracking Network to access data about private well water quality and testing in Maine. (Live webinar held on 5/13/2014.)
Well Water 101: This recorded webinar presents an overview of well water quality issues and resources in Maine. (Live webinar held on 4/18/2014.)
Resources to Use in Your Community
- Materials List (.xls)
- Wellwater.maine.gov - a website to link to state agencies that deal with well water
- VIDEO: How to Test Your Well Water - a video demonstrating how to do a water test
- BROCHURE: Is Your Well Water Safe to Drink? - A brochure identifying for what and how often you should test (PDF)
- POSTER: Is Your Well Water Safe to Drink?" (PDF)
- Tipsheet: Have you tested your well water for arsenic? (PDF)
- Tipsheet: Arsenic in Your Well Water (PDF)
Contact Karyn Butts to order bulk quantities of brochures, posters, and tipsheets: email@example.com or 207-287-6650.
For Community Grantees
Information and documents provided in this section are for community partners under contract with the Department of Health Human Services to provide community-based well water safety education and outreach services.
- Quarterly Narrative Report Template with Instructions (Word)
- Quarterly Materials Use Report Form with Instructions (Excel)
- Quarterly Financial Reporting Form
(From the Contracts Management Webpage, select the contract year from the menu on the left, then scroll down to Quarterly Financial Report to download the Excel file.)
- Quarterly financial reports are due on the first of the month following the end of a reporting period. See Rider A of your contract for reporting due dates.
- Financial reports should be sent to the Agreement Administrator listed in Rider B #6 of your contract with a copy sent to Karyn Butts. Get the DHHS contact listing for staff which provides the CRM and SPOC assigned to each vendor that currently has a contract with DHHS.
- Well Water Messages and FAQs (Word)
- FAQs about Free Test Kits -- for participants (Word)
- Free Test Kit Distribution Protocols and Procedures (PDF)
- Free Test Kit Tracking Form (Excel)
- Evaluation Plan (PDF)
- Sharing Summit Dates