Home → Bureau of Employment Services
The Bureau of Employment Services provides a variety of employment and training services for Maine workers, businesses, and jobseekers through the Maine CareerCenter network.
- 1/18/2019: In-Person Unemployment Filing Assistance Available at Maine CareerCenters
- 1/18/2019: Maine Unemployment Rate 3.4 Percent in December
Services for Workers and Jobseekers
- Job Referrals
- Employment Workshops
- Résumé and Interviewing Skills
- Wage Information and Job Growth Projections
- Information on Education and Skill Training Options
- [see all jobseeker services at the CareerCenter...]
Services for Business
- Free Job Postings
- Job Fairs
- Worker Recruitment and Screening
- Interview Space
- Workforce Information
- Training Resources
- [see all business services at the CareerCenter...]
Special Programs of the CareerCenter
- Maine Apprenticeship Program: Designed to meet the needs of Maine employers through customized on-the-job training and related classroom instruction.
- Competitive Skills Scholarship: Grant for adult workers to earn a degree or certificate in an approved training program. Pays for tuition, fees, and educational supports not paid for by other programs.
- Disability Program Navigator: Helps people with disabilities access programs and services that impact their ability to gain/retain employment.
- Monitor Advocate: Works to ensure safe and fair working conditions and access to employment services for migrant and seasonal farmworkers in Maine.
- Rapid Response Team: Hosts informational sessions to workers dislocated by company layoffs. Workers receive information on state and community resources available to laid-off workers including: unemployment benefits, CareerCenter employment and training services, and health care options.
- Veterans Services: Provides veterans and transitioning services members with employment and training opportunities, and protects their employment rights.
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit: Federal tax credit for employers who hire workers who qualify as members of target groups.
Contact the Bureau of Employment Services
Maine Department of Labor
Bureau of Employment Services
55 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333-0055
Phone: (207) 623-7981
TTY: Maine relay 711
CareerCenter Hotline: 1-888-457-8883