Skip Maine state header navigation

Agencies | Online Services | Help

Skip First Level Navigation | Skip All Navigation

Home > Contact Us



Department of Defense, Veterans and Emergency Management
Military Bureau
33 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333-0033


Commissioner's Office (207) 430-6000

Bureau of Veterans Services (207) 430-6035

Maine Emergency Management Agency (207) 624-4400

Maine Military Funeral Honors (207) 430-6208/6209 or (800) 958-5967

Military/Dependent ID Cards (207) 430-5914

Legal Assistance (Wills/Power of Attorneys) (207) 430-5911

Maine Military Members and Families Assistance Hotline: (888) 365-9287

Request For Military Support (207) 626-4429 or


Copies of military discharges (DD214 form or equivalent) are required as proof of service when applying for benefits offered through state and federal agencies as well as local municipalities.

Military Discharge Requests

State of Maine Request Form

National Personnel Records Center Request Form

National Association of State Directors of Veterans Affairs

If you entered the military from a state other than Maine, your DD 214 may be held by that state's Department of Veterans' Affairs (or Services).  Please contact the Department of the state that was your Home of Record (HOR) at the time you entered the military to see if they have a copy of your DD 214.

Discharge from Active Duty (207) 430-6035

Discharge from Maine Army National Guard (207) 430-5027

Discharge from Maine Air National Guard (207) 430-6121


Last Updated: October 7, 2021