|Current Board Members||Position||Term Expiration|
|Valerie J. Fuller, Chair, D.N.P., Falmouth||Advanced Practice||January 30, 2019|
|Shannon Gauvin, DHA, MSN, RN, Livermore||Educator||August 17, 2021|
|Kathleen McManus, RN, MSN, CNE, Hebron||Educator||April 14, 2019|
|Ashley Dudley, RN, Warren||Long Term Care||November 16, 2022|
|Debra Stetson, LPN, Saco||LPN Member||July 29, 2021|
|Gail Dudley, RN, Belfast||Nursing Service||January 30, 2019|
|Peggy L. Soneson, RN, Orrington||Nursing Service||February 13, 2020|
|Harvey A. Chesley, Jr., Clinton||Public Member||November 15, 2022|
"The mission of the Board of Nursing is to protect the public health and welfare in the area of nursing practice."
Becoming a Member of the Board of Nursing
Each member of the board must be a citizen of the United States and a resident of this State for at least 3 consecutive years prior to appointment and shall file with the Secretary of State an oath of office before beginning service. The board is composed of:
- Six professional nurses, each of whom:
- Must be a graduate of a state-approved educational program in professional nursing;
- Holds a current state license to practice nursing; and
- Has at least 3 years' experience in active practice immediately preceding appointment.
- One licensed practical nurse who:
- Must be a graduate of a state-approved educational program in practical nursing;
- Holds a current state license to practice practical nursing; and
- Has at least 3 years' experience in active practice immediately preceding appointment; and
- Two public members. A person may not qualify for appointment as a public member of the board if that person or a member of that person's immediate family is serving as:
- A member of another state licensing board;
- On the board of another health care agency; and
- Engaged for compensation in the provision of health services or the provision of health research, instruction or insurance.
Individuals who meet these qualifications and are interested in appointment to the Board of Nursing should address a letter of interest to the Governor, include an updated resume, and forward to the attention of Director, Boards and Commissions, Office of the Governor, 1 State House Station, with the Secretary of Augusta, ME 04333-0001.