Eastern Maine (Mid-Coast & Downeast) (2 & 4)
Peak Week: Second Week in October
- Tourism Driving Tour: Windjammers & Water Views
Start in Brunswick and head north along the coast to Camden, then inland to Unity and south through Union and Damariscotta State Park.
- Tourism Driving Tour: Acadia Harbors & Heights
This tour begins in Bangor and then along the coast from Acadia National Park south, with many scenic lighthouse, water, and wildlife viewing opportunities.
- Tourism Driving Tour: Downeast Villages & Vistas
This tour begins in Ellsworth and takes you up the coast all the way to Quoddy Head State Park and the eastern-most point in the country. Then circle back inland to Ellsworth.
Featured State Parks
- Camden Hills State Park provides spectacular views of fall foliage are available from the auto road to the top of Mt. Battie, as well as from hiking trails on Mt. Megunticook and Bald Rock Mountain.
- The Donnell Pond Management Unit in Townships 9 & 10 SD in Hancock County near Sullivan and Franklin offer hiking trails up Schoodic and Black Mountains that provide vistas on surrounding woodland, lakes and Acadia National Park across Frenchman's Bay.