WIC Nutrition Program
WIC is a nutrition program for thousands of Maine families, helping Maine kids to grow up strong and healthy. WIC food benefits are available based on income guidelines and up-to-date nutrition research. This website seeks to serve all Maine families with free nutrition advice, tips for staying healthy, and resources for growing families.
Who can apply for the Maine WIC Nutrition Program?
WIC is open to anyone living in Maine, including migrants working in Maine. Applicants can be any of the following:
- Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding or had a baby in the last six months.
- Infants and children up to the age of five, including adopted and foster children.
- Fathers may apply for their children.
How do I apply?
Getting WIC benefits is simple. Call your nearest WIC office to make an appointment. Your first appointment will take about an hour of your time – an hour that can benefit you and your children for the rest of your lives.
WIC Prescreening Tool
Find out if you are eligible for the WIC program by clicking on the following link:
- Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
- Voice: (207) 287-3991
In-state Toll Free:
TTY: Maine relay 711
Fax: (207) 287-3993
- Mailing address:
11 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333
Phone Number to your
Local WIC Clinic
East Wilton 207-645-3764
Presque Isle 207-768-3026
FY Policies (PDF*)
- Recalls, Market Withdrawals, & Safety Alerts
- Produce Safety
- FDA Looks for Answers on Arsenic in Rice
- Dole Fresh Vegetables Announces Precautionary Recall of Limited Number of Salads
- Keeping Your Food and Water Safe during Floods, Hurricanes, and Power Outages
- Constituent Updates
- Bumble Bee Foods Voluntary Recall on 5-Ounce Chunk Light Tuna Products Due to Loose Seals
- Townsend Farms Voluntarily Recalls