Stormwater Program --
Stormwater Management Law
- For general licensing questions, please use the ON-CALL system. Call one of the following numbers, and ask to speak with the "on-call" person for the Site Law program in the Bureau of Land and Water Quality. Augusta: 800-452-1942. Bangor: 888-769-1137. Portland: 888-769-1036. Presque Isle: 888-769-1053.
- Stormwater Management Law. 38 MRSA § 420-D.
- Note: off-site links are to the on-line database maintained by Maine's Office of the Revisor of Statutes (official texts). Always check the disclaimer there -- the text may not include the most recent changes.
- Stormwater Management Law and Erosion & Sedimentation Control Law-- DEP booklet (unofficial text)
- Stormwater Pre-Application
- Stormwater Management Law Permit Application (full)
- Certification form (used with standard condition # 7)
- Five-year recertification for long-term maintenance of stormwater management systems
- Stormwater Management, Permit by Rule Booklet
- Minor revision
- Condition compliance
- Note: Altered forms will not be accepted. If you believe an item does not apply, write "NA" or "not applicable" rather than deleting it. Extending the length of a form in order to add more information is acceptable.
Updated versions of the models as listed in the Stormwater management Rules, dated 23 December, 2006, are acceptable as long as the core methodology has not been changed. The use of models using major differences to the conceptual intent or any other approach at modeling stormwater detention and management would need to be approved by the DEP.
A popular model is the HydroCAD Model used for modeling stormwater runoff.
HydroCAD provides a wide range of commonly used drainage calculations including:
SCS, NRCS, SBUH runoff hydrographs
- Rational Method with automatic IDF curves
- Hydrograph routing though ponds and reaches
- Automatic hydraulics and culvert calculations
- Automatic detention storage calculations
- Easy management of multiple rainfall events
- Easy-to-use graphical format usable on any PCs
- Lake Stormwater Phosphorus Compensation Fee Program
- List of towns with stormwater capacity (table also includes town with Site Law capacity or delegation -- see column headings) (pdf file)
- Maine Erosion and Sediment Control BMPs
- Standard conditions
- Stormwater Best Management Practices Manual (DEP)
- Urban impaired stream watershed map in Google Earth
To obtain hard copies of the materials listed above, call your nearest DEP regional office, or email.
- The Maine Nonpoint Source Training & Resource Center provides training opportunities, publications, and videos.