Enrolling in VA Healthcare
Enrolling for VA health care services has never been easier. Effective immediately, veterans who served in a theater of combat operations after November 11, 1998, can complete applications for enrollment in VA health care by telephone without the need for a signed paper application. All other Veterans may apply by phone starting July 5, 2016.
When veterans enroll in VA healthcare, VA offers an enhancement to their enrollment experience through "Welcome to VA" (W2VA). W2VA enhances communication by reaching out to newly enrolled veterans through personal phone calls upon enrollment, providing assistance with health care inquiries and assisting with their initial appointment at their preferred VA healthcare facility.
Here are some convenient ways to apply for enrollment:
Visit One of Our Field Offices
Any of our Veteran Service Officers can assist you with enrolling in VA healthcare. At that time, they can also help you with ensuring that you've applied for all of the state and federal benefits that you have earned for yourself and your family. Please find the Field Office nearest you here.
Apply by Telephone
Applying by telephone eliminates the need for a signed paper application, making it convenient for veterans with sight issues or who don't have access to a computer.
- VA staff members will collect the needed information and process the enrollment application for an enrollment determination.
- To apply, call 1-877-222-VETS (8387), Mon-Fri between 8 am and 8 pm, EST.
Fill out the application online and electronically submit it to VA for processing. No need for additional documents to verify military service. If you were recently discharged, the VA will collect your military records for you.
- Click here to complete VA Form 10-10EZ, Application for Health Benefits online.
- Submit your completed application.
- You will immediately receive a confirmation message notifying you that your application has been received.
- A signature is not required for online registration.
- For more information about the application process, click here.
- You will also receive information about the appeals process, if you do not agree with the enrollment decision.
Apply at a Local VA Facility
You may also apply in person at your local VA health care facility.