How to Vote in the Maine Student Mock Election
- Be sure you have registered to participate and assigned a contact person for your classroom, school or district.
- Download and print the ballots that correspond to your congressional district.
- Distribute the ballots and have students cast their votes. Your town or city clerk may be willing to assist you with this process.
- Collect student ballots and tally votes for each office and ballot question povided to your students. Download a reporting form from our Ballots page.
- Report your results - PLEASE remember to report your school's mock election results for inclusion in the statewide totals!
To report your school’s Mock Election results, please contact the Mock Election State Headquarters by phone between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 ONLY or by e-mail any day up to and including October 26, 2016.
The following phone numbers are assigned to the Mock Election from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on October 26 only:
207-626-7857 or 207-430-2078
Please do not call in your results until then.
You may choose to e-mail your results any day prior to and including October 26 to: email@example.com
It is not necessary for Maine Schools to register to participate directly with the National Student & Parent Mock Election (NSPME) via their website.
The Secretary of State's Office will provide NSPME Voting totals.