Fire Sprinkler License Application Forms
The application forms are available below as PDF files. If you do not have Adobe Reader to recognize these PDF files then you will need to Get Adobe Reader Free in order to view them.
Fire Sprinkler License Endorsement Forms:
- Fire Sprinkler Contractor (PDF, 1 page) This endorsement is for the installation of fire sprinkler systems. A fire sprinkler permit (or a "preliminary permission") is required by our office for each job before installation is allowed.
- Responsible Managing Supervisor (PDF, 1 page) This endorsement is for the design of fire sprinkler systems and the sign-off for the installations once they are completed to verify that they were installed the way that they were designed and permitted. This endorsement automatically comes with the Contractor and the Inspector endorsements at no additional charge.
- Fire Sprinkler Inspector (PDF, 1 page) This endorsement is for the inspection, testing & maintenance of fire sprinkler systems, and automatically comes with the Contractor endorsement as no additional charge.
Remember to throw away all of your old forms, and to print new forms from here whenever you need them. (Prior forms will not be accepted.) And don't forget that it is always good to have a backup file.
If you have any question about whether or not a permit is required, then please call 207-626-3889 or email email@example.com.
Fire Sprinkler License Fee Schedule
Make checks payable to: "Treasurer, State of Maine"
- $300 for a Fire Sprinkler Contractor's Endorsement (valid for 2 years)
- $300 for a Responsible Managing Supervisor's Endorsement (valid for 2 years). There is no charge for an RMS who is currently licensed in Maine as a P.E. since they have already paid the state for the designing through that license.
- $100/ Fire Sprinkler Inspector's Endorsement (valid for 2 years)
- There is no late reinstatement fee.
- Licensed Inspectors are to inspect fire sprinkler systems of public buildings as per the currently adopted version of NFPA 25. Inspection reports of non-compliance, where the owner is not scheduling correction of deficiencies are to be submitted to the Office of State Fire Marshal in accordance with N.F.P.A. 25. All inspection reports are to include the Inspector's license number. All other inspection reports are to be made available to the Office of State Fire Marshal upon request.
- A NICET II or other nationally recognized standard achieved in the area of fire sprinkler inspection, such as passing an inspector’s training course by AFSA or NFSA or NFPA, is required, or some other proof of training/qualification.