COVID-19 Vaccination in Maine
All People 6+ Months Are Eligible For Vaccination & Boosters
COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective at preventing severe illness, hospitalization and death. For the best protection, everyone 6 months and older should stay up to date with their COVID-19 vaccines, which includes getting boosters when eligible. COVID-19 vaccines are available at locations across the state.
What You Need to Know
Maine CDC recommends everyone stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccination.
- Everyone aged 6 years and older, should get one updated Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to be considered up to date, even if you have received one or more doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, or Novovax vaccines in the past.
- This applies to anyone who may have previously been infected with COVID-19, whether vaccinated or not.
- People aged 65 years and older may get a 2nd dose of updated Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
- The second updated vaccine should be administered at least 4 months after receiving the first updated vaccine.
- People who are moderately or severely immunocompromised may get additional doses of updated Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
- Talk to your health care provider about timing for additional doses
- Children aged 6 months–5 years may need multiple doses of COVID-19 vaccine to be up to date, including at least 1 dose of updated Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, depending on the number of doses they’ve previously received and their age.
COVID-19 vaccine recommendations will be updated as needed.
For more information, read more here. To find a vaccine, find a vaccination site.
Learn more about vaccination in Maine
Find a vaccination location
Vaccinations are being administered across the state in a variety of locations from pharmacies, to health care provider offices, to community clinics and more. To find a location near you, check the vaccination sites webpage or call your health care provider.
View the vaccine dashboard
With the federal changes to the COVID-19 vaccine schedule made in April 2023, the Maine CDC has archived its vaccine dashboard as of April 18, 2023. State data that was collected between December 2020 and April 18, 2023 is available at the link above.
For updated COVID-19 vaccination data for Maine, please see the U.S. CDC’s COVID data tracker for vaccination statistics.
These resources are available to assist and inform you about Maine’s COVID-19 vaccination efforts, and will be updated regularly.