COVID-19 Vaccination in Maine
Maine is committed to an accessible, flexible, and equitable vaccination effort.
Due to limited vaccine supply, our vaccination strategy has two immediate goals:
- Save the lives of Maine people at greatest risk of serious illness or death from COVID-19.
- Protect those directly engaged in the fight against COVID-19.
Once vaccine supply increases, Maine will offer vaccination to everyone as soon as possible.
Cumulative reported vaccinations
Last updated 1-22-2021
When can I get vaccinated?
Due to the limits on vaccine supply, Maine is using a phased approach to providing vaccines. While vaccination is planned to proceed consecutively through the groups and phases below, flexibility in order is expected to ensure Maine maximizes every dose it receives.
Maine is currently in Phase 1a.
Given the limited supply, only Maine residents may receive a vaccine in Maine at this time.
- Phase 1a: December through January
- Health Care Personnel Needed to Preserve Critical Health Care Services
- Residents and Staff of Long-Term Care Facilities
- Other Patient-Facing Health Care Personnel
- Public Safety Personnel
- COVID-19 Response Personnel
- Phase 1b: February through April
- Older Mainers
- Adults of all Ages With High-Risk Medical Conditions
- Certain Critical Front Line Workers
- Phase 1c: May and June
- Other Critical Frontline Workers
- Phase 2: June and Beyond
- Persons aged 16-64 not otherwise eligible in an prior phase.
How to get a vaccination
Health care, public safety, and critical COVID-19 infrastructure personnel eligible for vaccination in Phase 1a should contact their employer or their professional associations to learn how to get a vaccine.
People age 70 and over may begin getting vaccinated now, subject to vaccine availability and health system readiness. A list of COVID-19 vaccination sites for people 70 and over is now available here. Additional sites will be added as vaccinations are scheduled.
Vaccination information for other Phase 1b groups, including Maine people aged 65-69, will be posted here once available.
Phases 1c and 2
Vaccination information for all other people eligible in future phases will be posted here as soon as it is available.
Information for the public
Although the vaccine is here, COVID-19 remains a serious public health crisis. While the vaccination process is underway, Maine people should continue to wear masks (PDF), practice physical distancing and avoid gatherings at all times.
Information for vaccinators
Maine CDC is working to ensure the availability of the COVID-19 vaccine in Maine. These resources are available to assist and inform you about Maine’s COVID-19 vaccination efforts, and will be updated regularly.