& Recycling Program
Waste Management & Recycling Program
There's No Wrong Way to Recycle
Lexi Rackliff, Brandon Staples, Jonas Edwards-Jenks, Wilson Ranney,
Georges Valley High School, 30 seconds
Won first place thanks to its all around appeal, technical quality and simple message.
Used original music and incorporated the Maine Recycles logo.
Shortest Essay in the World
South Portland High School, 60 seconds.
This psa imprints a memorable image with a message, “Using Things Only Once Doesn’t Make Sense,”
that ties in well with the campaign slogan, “Everything Deserves a Second Chance!”
Recycle – The Easiest Way,
Blunt Youth Radio Project, 30 seconds.
Simple, clear, sincere.
These videos were close competitors!
1. Tied for Funniest:
- Negative Reinforcement, Stephanie Brock, Mike Green, Eric Gardener, Patrick Johnson, Zac Shasheen, Stephanie Egan, Mary Frances White, Sanford High School, 30 Seconds.
- Recycle or Else!! Brian Saucier, Ryan Potter, Hermon High School, 60 seconds
- Recycle One Way or Another – Jenn Thayer, Nate LaFave, Hermon High School,60 seconds.
2. Best Series: This group of videos demonstrated the clearest connection to the Maine Recycles Campaign Theme.
- Athletes Recycle, Shawn Parker, John Gagnon,
- Fishermen Recycle, Craig Cyr, Kyle Pelletier,
- Gamers Recycle, Alex Deschaine, Nick Sorois, Dolan Cyr
- Mountain Bikers Recycle, Matthew Deschaine, Chad Bechard,
Madawaska High School, 60 seconds each, most closely tied in with Maine Recycles state campaign ads.
3. Most Memorable:
- Make a Change-John Hunter Nolan, Falmouth High School, 30 seconds.
4. Clearest Message:
- Throwing Away Resources, Caleb Lamb, Oxford Hills Technical School, title to be confirmed
5. Best Music:
- Hey, Hey Don’t Throw it Away, Megan Farrington, Naomi Inman, Kelsey Erickson, Kyle Whiteman, David Bailey, Mike Allen Amanda Phipps, Greenville High School, 60 seconds
6. Tied for Most Original:
- Thinking outside the Box, Dylan Sherry, Nicholas Whiteman, Nicholas Quatrano, Cape Elizabeth High School, 30 seconds
- Recycle With the Stars, Pat Bolduc, Adam Corriveau, Jake Cote, Chris Ingraham, Alice Philbrick, Collin Popper, Stephen Schley, Rick Segal, Vaughn Simmons, Matt Taylor, Bangor High School, 60 seconds
7. Most Disturbing:
- You Wouldn’t Do This, Would You? Jed Allen, Oxford Hills Technical School, 60 seconds
8. Best Animation:
- Mr. Bottle and Mr. Cup, Chelsea Webster, Janelle Miller, Jimmy Morris, Shelby Varinen, Georges Valley High School, 30 seconds
9. Tied for Most Likeable:
- The Deed, Andrew Loane, Luke Graziano, and Ryan Means, York High School
- Cleaning the Bleachers, Mitchell Murdock, Nathanial Jewett, Max Dismore, Sam Campbell, Max Morris, Nathanial Walden, Portland High School, 60 seconds
10. Most Educational:
- Steel Cans, Jason Roy,Chris Yorston, and Rob Cook, York High School
- Please Recycle, Norissa Morse, Cara French, Andrew , Thornton Academy, 60 seconds
- Recycling Facts, Andrew Frost, Kelsey St. Germain, York High School
- Recycling B-Ball, Matt Perreault, Thornton Academy, 60 seconds
11. Most Violent and Disturbing to Watch:
back to top