Laws and Rules
- ATV & Snowmobile Laws and Rules
- Boating Laws and Rules
- Fishing Laws and Rules
- Hunting and Trapping Laws and Rules
- Migratory Game Bird Hunting Laws and Rules
- Whitewater Rafting Rules (PDF)
NOTE: The following is a list of public hearing schedules before the Joint Standing committee on Inland Fisheries and Wildlife. Listen here for live audio feed of these public hearings.
Date: March 5, 2013
Time: 1:00 PM
Location: State House
Public comment for the following legislative documents will be heard on March 5, 2013.
LD 100: An Act to Allow Municipalities to Stock Ponds
LD 173: An Act to Remove the Rangeley Plantation Sanctuary from the List of Wildlife Sanctuaries
LD 542: An Act to Remove the Limit on the Retention of Live Smelts
IFW Contact Information for these legislative documents is:
100 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0100
DIFW Finalized Testimony
NOTE: This is Department testimony given at legislative public hearings before the Joint Standing Committee on Inland Fisheries and Wildlife.
- L.D. 26 - An Act to Authorize the Commissioner of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife to Change a Fishing Season Opening Date Statewide.
- L.D. 41 - An Act to Allow a Person 65 Years of Age or Older to Fish With Bait in Any Inland Water.
- L.D. 42 - An Act to Prohibit The Use of Rubber Lures for Fishing.
- L.D. 43 - An Act to Ban the Use of Nondegradable Hooks for Fishing.
- L.D. 63 - Resolve, To Direct the Commissioner of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife to Allow Veterans with Lower Limb Loss to Obtain "Any-Deer" Hunting Permits.
- L.D. 79 - An Act to Allow a Junior Hunter to Shoot Any Deer on Opening Day of Hunting Season.
- L.D. 84 - An Act to Expand Turkey Hunting.
- L.D. 86 - Resolve, Directing the DIFW to Amend its Process of Gathering Public Opinion on Rulemaking and Other Projects
- L.D. 89 - An Act to Establish a Deadline for Snowmobile Registration
- L.D. 96 - Letter regarding coyote bounty in lieu of testimony
- L.D. 97 - An Act to Improve the Integrity of the State's Snowmobile Trail System
- L.D. 98 - Resolve, Directing the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife to Study Issues Related to Bear Hunting and Management.
- L.D. 99 - An Act to Allow Hunting for Deer with a Crossbow During the Expanded Archery Season.
- L.D. 100 - An Act to Allow Municipalities to Stock Ponds
- L.D. 101 - An Act to Allow a Junior Hunter to Take One Antlerless Deer Without an Antlerless Deer Permit.
- L.D. 128 - An Act to Abolish the IFW Advisory Council
- L.D. 142 - An Act to Add Using an All-terrain Vehicle to the List of Activities Included in the Definition of "Guide" in the Inland Fisheries and Wildlife Laws
- L.D. 143 - An Act to Allow a Hunter to Harvest a Wild Turkey of Either Sex during the Month of October without an Extra Charge for the Permit
- L.D.153 - An Act to Establish a Comprehensive Hunting and Fishing License
- L.D. 163 - An Act to Increase the Number of Rafting Passengers Allowed for Licensed Outfitters on Unallocated Rivers
- L.D. 170 - Resolve, to Allow the Use of Live Bait When Ice Fishing in Certain Waters of the State
- L.D. 172 - An Act to Make Permanent the Reciprocal Agreement between Maine and Other States Regarding a Snowmobile Weekend
- L.D. 173 - An Act to Remove the Rangeley Plantation Sanctuary from the List of Wildlife Sanctuaries
- L.D. 177 - An Act to Expand Moose Hunting Opportunities
- L.D. 200- An Act to Expand Turkey Hunting Opportunities for Young Hunters
- L.D. 203 - An Act to Require Kayakers on Open Salt Water to use a Personal Flotation Device
- L.D. 229 - An Act to Simplify and Encourage the Sale of Hunting and Fishing Licenses and Permits
- L.D. 254 - Resolve, to Establish the Northern Maine Advisory Task Force on Deer
- L.D. 268 - An Act to Improve Snowmobiling in the State
- L.D. 280 - Resolve, Concerning Rights of way over Eastern Road in Scarborough
- L.D. 281 - An Act to Clarify Provisions of the Whitewater Rafting Laws
- L.D. 307 - An Act to Exempt Persons Who Have Served in the Armed Forces from the Requirement to Take a Hunter Safety Course to Obtain a Hunting License
- L.D. 423 - An Act Regarding the Driving of Deer
- L.D. 467 - An Act to Increase Agent Fees for Registration of Certain Recreational Vehicles
- L.D. 477 - An Act to Expand Wild Turkey Hunting
- L.D. 514 - An Act to Allow Boards and Associations of Lakes and Ponds to Stock Fish
- L.D. 541 - An Act to Amend the Laws Governing Complimentary Hunting, Trapping and Fishing Licenses for Disabled Veterans
- L.D. 542 - An Act to Remove the Limit on the Retention of Live Smelts
- L.D. 544 - An Act to Give Certain Landowners First Priority for Antlerless Deer Permits
- L.D. 545 - An Act to Enhance the Protection of Native Fish Species
- L.D. 599 - An Act to Review Possible Expansion of Dip Net Fishing in Northern Maine
- L.D. 617 - An Act to Protect the State's Native and Wild Brook Trout and Discourage Illegal Fish Introduction
- L.D. 618 - An Act to Eliminate Restrictions on Affiliated Outfitters in Laws Governing Whitewater Rafting
- L.D. 679 - Resolve, Regarding the Management of Maine's Brook Trout and Landlocked Salmon Resources
- L.D. 705 - An Act to Amend the Junior Hunting License Requirements
- L.D. 717 - An Act to Provide Free Fishing Licenses to Certain Children in the Custody of the Department of Health and Human Services
- L.D. 730 - An Act to Protect Maine's Loons by Banning Lead Sinkers and Jigs
- L.D. 758 - An Act to Protect Boats, Moorings and Docks in the Inland Waters of the State
- L.D. 775 - An Act to Require a Nonresident to Hire a Maine Guide to Hunt Sea Ducks
- L.D. 799 - Resolve, to Allow Use of Live Bait for Fishing in the Allagash Wilderness Waterway and Fish River Waterway
- L.D. 800 - An Act to Expand Migratory Waterfowl Hunting Opportunities
- L.D. 895 - Resolve, Directing the DIFW to Amend its Rules Regarding Setback Distances for Beaver Traps
- L.D. 896 - An Act to Allow Fox Hunting at Night
- L.D. 910 - Resolve, Directing the DIFW to Study and Make Recommendations Regarding the Bear Hunting Season
- L.D. 911- An Act to Increase Revenue for the ATV Recreational Management Fund
- L.D. 930 - An Act to Subject a Motorboat with a Certificate of Number from Another Jurisdiction to the Annual Registration Fee
- L.D. 932 - An Act to Promote Fishing by Youth
- L.D. 1117 - An Act to Amend the Laws Governing Muzzle-loading Hunting Season
- L.D. 1174 -Resolve, to Establish the Commission to Study the Creation of a State and Federal Fish and Wildlife Museum at the Massabesic Experimental Forest in Alfred and Lyman
- L.D. 1190 - An Act to Require the Secretary of State to Issue Certificates of Title for All-Terrain Vehicles, Snowmobiles and Watercraft
- L.D. 1191 - An Act to Strengthen the Fishing Laws
- L.D. 1225 - An Act to Strengthen Maine's Wildlife Laws