Federal Reimbursement Procedure: FY 2010 (2009-2010 School Year)
Please note that you must close out cash management by July 15, 2011, in order to receive any funds under the new system.
If you would like to be a new Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) recipient, or need an update to receive an e-mail remittance check, click here.
- Each DOE program grant manager will send an email to the local program contact and the superintendent when applicable to school SAUs and provide the existing account balances in the program that have not been issued before the reimbursement process begins.
- For funds initially allocated in FY 10 (school year 2009-10, including ARRA funds), the reimbursement process using paper Vendor Reimbursement Request Forms will be as follows:
- Once FY 10 funds are expended by the grantee, a paper-based Vendor Reimbursement Request Form will be completed for the expended funds and forwarded to the appropriate DOE program grant manager.
- The appropriate DOE program grant manager will check the balances and, if correct, will send the request for payment to the Maine Department of Administrative and Financial Services.
- The grantee will assure that the documentation and paperwork supporting the expenditures will be available for review at the district office and be part of the financial record.
PLEASE NOTE: This process is a mechanism to provide the grantee with reimbursement of the expended funds, and the State’s approval of the request for reimbursement does not replace the accounting audit requirements nor is it an approval of the expenditures.