REGIONAL SCHOOL UNITS, SCHOOL ADMINISTRATIVE DISTRICTS, AND COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICTS
GENERAL FUND BUDGET REPORTING
JULY 1, 2013 - JUNE 30, 2014
FY 2013-14 EF-M-46 Excel Spreadsheet Instructions for RSUs, SADs, and CSDs only:
This version of the EF-M-46 Excel Spreadsheet is designed to report to the Maine Department of Education the budget information necessary to fulfill reporting requirements and data requests to various Department constituencies.
To complete this spreadsheet, save the template to your hard drive, review the instructions below and then complete the spreadsheet. The completed spreadsheet should be uploaded via the MEDMS Financial System as a “supplementary document”, following the instructions below; this may be done at the same time as the upload of the annual budget data.
Instructions for completing the spreadsheet:
ONLY RSUs, SADs, and CSDs need to complete this spreadsheet, which should then be uploaded in the MEDMS Financial System as a "supplementary document".
- Column 1 should agree with your required local article.
- Column 2 should agree with your local only debt service article (if applicable).
- Column 3 should agree with your additional local article.
- Column 4 should agree with your total budget to be assessed.
- Column 4(A) will show each member municipality's assessment percentage.
- Column 5 should agree with the local share of your Adult Education article (if applicable).
- Column 6 should agree with your total K-12 and Adult Ed budget to be assessed.
Instructions for uploading the spreadsheet:
The completed spreadsheet should be uploaded via the MEDMS Financial System as a “supplementary document”; this may be done at the same time as the upload of the annual budget data. To submit the completed spreadsheet, follow this process:
- Sign into the MEDMS Financial System and choose “Financial Submissions” from the Menu.
- Choose “Financial Data Submissions” from the Sub-Menu.
- Under the “Supplementary Documents” Header, choose “browse” to locate the EFM 46 on your hard drive, click on the file, choose “open” and you will now see the file name in the box following “document to attach”.
- Under “submission type”, choose “budget revenue” and under “fiscal year”, choose 2014.
- Choose “upload” to finish.
You may also follow this same process to submit your warrant articles/meeting minutes/vote declaration, if they are available in an electronic format. If not, please mail a copy of these documents to School Finance and Operations, 23 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333 as soon as they are available.