TO: Private School Administrators
FROM: Susan A. Gendron, Commissioner
DATE: October 3, 2008
SUBJECT: Reporting 2008-09 Student Information – Due Date: October 15, 2008
The Infinite Campus State Education System (ICSES), formally known as MEDMS, is online for school year 2008-09 updates. The updated 2008-09 student information will be utilized to meet State and federal reporting requirements (NCLB, Graduates, Dropouts, AYP, etc.) as well as the calculation of State subsidy for 2009-10 for Maine’s public school administrative units.
All private schools with publicly funded students must report ALL “publicly funded students” in the Infinite Campus State Education System. The private schools that receive publicly funded students must report these students in the Infinite Campus State Education System in order for the public school administrative units to receive a subsidy count for these students in their future State subsidy. The State subsidy to a public school unit is often the source of funding that a school administrative unit uses to pay the tuition for these students to attend the private schools.
Student Enrollment Reporting – Due Date: October 15, 2008:
October 1, 2008 Student Count – all students should be enrolled by October 15, 2008 so that the resident public school administrative units may review the data and final verification of the October 1st student count can take place between October 16, 2008 and October 31, 2008.
- For private schools enrolling “ALL” students in the Infinite Campus State Education System, please fax (624-6791) or mail the completed Signature Page of the October 1st Enrollment Report (EF-M-13) indicating that all students have been enrolled in the Infinite Campus State Education System. There will be no need to complete the remainder of the EF-M-13.
- For private schools enrolling only publicly funded students in the Infinite Campus State Education System, please complete the October 1st Enrollment Report (EF-M-13 - Sections 2 and 3 only) and email the Excel spreadsheet form to Rick Bergeron at email@example.com . In addition, please fax the completed Signature Page to 624-6791.
- For private schools that have no publicly funded students, please complete the October 1st Enrollment Report (EF-M-13 - Sections 2 and 3) for the non-publicly funded students and email the Excel spreadsheet form to Rick Bergeron at firstname.lastname@example.org . In addition, please fax the completed Signature Page to 624-6791.
The EF-M-13 Form can be downloaded from the Department of Education’s website at:
Private Schools Using the Infinite Campus State Education System:
For most private schools, especially those that have a small number of publicly funded students, reporting student information into the Infinite Campus State Education System will be as simple as the following:
More information is available at the Infinite Campus Project Portal available at: http://support.infinitecampus.com/maine
More training information is available at the following website: http://support.infinitecampus.com/maine/pages/rollout-training.php
All student information must be entered into the Infinite Campus State Education System by the attending school; these changes will be reflected in the EPS October report after the next update to the EPS October report occurs.
In order for the school administrative unit to receive an accurate subsidy count, some of the key fields to be completed in the Infinite Campus State Education System are:
Student Personal Fields:
- First Name
- Last name
- Date of Birth
- Birth State
- Birth City
Student Enrollment Fields:
- Start Date
- End Date (if applicable)
- End Status (if applicable)
- Service Type (formally Enrollment Type)
- English Proficiency
- If you select LEP (Limited English Proficient) the appropriate LEP programs must also be selected. Please see your LEP coordinator or for LEP related questions, contact Nancy.Mullins@maine.gov (624-6772)
- Home Language
- Resident Town Code
- Resident SAU
- Economic Indicator (formally School Lunch Eligibility)
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Ward of State or State Agency Client flags
- Home Schooled flag & SAU Percentage if checked
- Special Education Fields (if applicable)
- Special Ed Status
- Start Date
- Special Ed Setting
- Exit Date
- Exit Reason
New Items in the Infinite Campus State Education System:
- For schools that previously uploaded their enrollment data into MEDMS, the Student Personal and Enrollment upload schemas have been changed for 2008-09. Please check with your student information system vendor to make sure you have the latest file formats. The new schemas are posted on the project portal at http://support.infinitecampus.com/maine/pages/home-page.php.
- LEP Program Data can now be uploaded as part of the Enrollment file.
- Student Contact information can now be uploaded as part of the Student Personal file.
Enrollment instructions for Special Purpose Private Schools are posted at http://www.maine.gov/education/medms/specialpurposeprivateschools.html . The Main (Primary) enrollment must be entered by the sending school unit prior to the Concurrent (Partial) enrollment by the attending school. The sending school must be identified for reporting purposes since the Special Purpose Private Schools do not issue credits and diplomas.
Infinite Campus State Education System – General Instructions:
If a student has moved from your school administrative unit to another school administrative unit prior to October 1, 2008, the exit date should be the last day the student is enrolled in your school administrative unit. Please do not keep a student enrolled if the student has left the school administrative unit and is not expected to return.
The following information is available on the MEDMS Student Information System module website: http://www.maine.gov/education/medms/studentinfolist.htm
- Student Data Entry Completion Status
- This is a report that shows the number of Primary Enrollments, Invalid Enrollments, and Concurrent Enrollments for each School. If you see Invalid Enrollments listed next to your school, this means you are missing some or all of the required fields in the State Reporting Fields section. Call the MEDMS Helpdesk for assistance in clearing these up.
- General Definitions Related to Student Enrollment Data
- Dropout Reporting Instructions
- EPS Reporting Instructions – Public
- EPS Report Certification Form - Public
- EPS Reporting Instructions -- Private
- Fiscal Responsibility Guidelines
- Foreign Exchange Student Information
- Home School Education
- State Agency Client Information
- Superintendents Agreement Information
- Guidance for Reporting Incidents of Prohibited Behavior
- Definitions Regarding Discipline of Special Education Students
- 2008-09 Student Module Instructions for Special Purpose Private Schools
- Special Education Tuition & Board Report (EF-S-07)
If you have any questions regarding the Infinite Campus State Education System (ICSES), please contact the MEDMS Help Desk, Tel. (207) 624-6896 or e-mail email@example.com
If you have any general student questions, please contact Rick Bergeron, Tel. (207) 624-6799 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org