The Office of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services is part of a Maine coalition that includes the Bureau of Alcoholic Beverages and Lottery Operations, the Gambling Control Board, Maine Council on Problem Gambling, ME211 and several other state and local agency partners. The Office of Substance Abuse is a gambling neutral agency that works to address the issues of problem gambling from a prevention, intervention, treatment and recovery perspective.
Whether you enjoy table games, poker, racing or lottery games make it a:
If you or someone you know may have a gambling problem, contact the confidential helpline: 2-1-1 (Maine only) for information and resources.
- Problem Gambling: Recognizing the Signs (pdf)
- They Don't Look Like Problem Gamblers (pdf)
- Youth Problem Gambling: Recognizing the Signs and Symptoms (pdf)
- How to Help a Friend or Relative
- Maine Gamblers Anonymous Meetings
- Learn about Self Exclusion -an action that a person can take to ban themselves from entering all casinos in Maine for a specific period of time.