Discharge Records

Please visit any of our offices to see if we have a copy of your family member's DD 214 or other separation paperwork.  You may also complete and send in our online application and we can mail it to you directly.

If Maine was not your family member's Home of Record when they separated from the military, their DD 214 may be held by another state's Department of Veterans' Services.  Find another state department of veterans' services to request a DD 214.

The National Archives and Records Administration may also be able to assist in providing you with a copy from the National Personnel Records Center. Visit their website by clicking NARA and follow the instructions for completing a request.

If you are not able to find your family member's military records at either our office or another state's department of veterans' services and your need is immediate, please contact your Congressional representative for assistance.  You can find Maine's Congressional offices on our Resources page, under "Legislative Affairs".