Office of the Maine State Treasurer
Welcome to the Office of the State Treasurer. We provide state agencies with efficient banking and financial services, which include revenue collection, payment issuance, reconciliation, and trust management. We also manage state investments with safety, liquidity and yield in mind. Our office also manages debt payments and issuance, ensuring that bonds authorized by voters are efficiently sold in the marketplace to provide funding for capital projects statewide. In addition, we hold over $200 million in unclaimed funds for Maine residents and we work each day to reunite owners with their money. Our professional staff proudly serves each individual in this great state. Reach out to us with any questions or concerns that you may have. We look forward to hearing from you.
Are you interested in protecting the financial assets of Maine citizens? Does managing state government banking operations intrigue you? If so, click here to read about our job opportunity.
The State Treasurer serves as a director or ex officio member on the following boards:
- Adaptive Equipment Loan Board
- Board of Emergency Municipal Finance
- DIRIGO Health Agency Board of Trustees
- Finance Authority of Maine
- Indian Housing Mortgage Insurance Committee
- Maine Health and Higher Education Facilities Authority
- Maine Governmental Facilities Authority
- Maine Municipal Bond Bank
- Maine Public Utility Financing Bank