FILLING DACF SEASONAL VACANCIES
The State of Maine now requires that all new hires must have a background check done with certain protocols being followed. Click this link to see the memo. See below for procedure.
The files below require either Microsoft Word or the Word Viewer.
Procedure to Fill DOC Seasonal Vacancies
Please follow these guidelines when filling seasonal parks positions.
- Part A - Application Review and Pre-Hiring (Word)
- OSER Bulletin 49 - The Armstrong Memo - Must Read
- Part B - After Interviewing Candidates/Selecting Final Candidate (Word)
Park Managers will need these forms for the reference check and the Offer Letter with Social Security Form:
- Reference check sample form (Word)
- Complete job offer letter (Word) and mail with the social security form:
- Southern Region Offer Letter (Word)
Letters to respond to applicants
- Non-select for interviews (Word)
- Non-select for interviews Veterans or Goldstar applicants (word)
- Non-select after interviews (Word)
- Non-select after interview Veterans or Goldstar (word)
If you have any questions please contact Noreen Hart 624-6396
Supervisors, please see this link after you have hired someone to help with acclimating them to the new job
- New Employee Integration - (Hiring Manager reference to bringing on new employees) (pdf)