Yellow Nutsedge—Cyperus esculentus L.
A perennial grass-like sedge, yellow nutsedge is a common weed in home lawns and other turf areas, vegetable and flower gardens and can be a problem in crop fields.
Click on images to view full-size
Identification and Control Information
- Identifying and Controlling Nutsedge in Nevada Landscapes (PDF) —University of Nevada Cooperative Extension
- Integrated Pest Management for Home Gardeners and Landscape Professionals: Nutsedge (PDF) —University of California
- Control of Yellow Nutsedge in Homelawns (PDF) —Purdue Turfgrass Science Program
- The Organic Weed Management Website—Cornell University
- Integrated Pest Management for Home Gardeners and Landscape Professionals: Weed Management in Landscapes (PDF) —University of California
- Weeds and Your Garden brochure (PDF) —New York State IPM Program and Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Weed Management in the Home Garden (PDF) —Iowa State University Extension
[Photos, left to right: Howard F. Schwartz, Colorado State University, Bugwood.org; Ohio State Weed Lab Archive, The Ohio State University, Bugwood.org; Jeff Stachler, The Ohio State University, Bugwood.org]