State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers
The State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers protects the safety and property of the public through the regulation of the practice of engineering in Maine. The Board is supported by license fees and receives no general fund tax dollars.
- Renewals submitted after March 31 must be sent directly to the Board office. Incomplete submissions will be returned. Please include:
1. Payment of USD $105.
2. A signed, completed PDH Activity Log.
3. All supporting documentation to prove attendance and completion of PDHs.
- Revisions to the professional engineering statute took effect October 9, 2013. Read the revisions.
- Deadline for applying to the Board to take the October NCEES PE exam is June 1, 2014. Repeat takers should also notify the Board by June 1. Once approved, you will register with NCEES to sit for the exam. Registration at NCEES.org begins June 16 and ends at 3pm EST August 28, 2014.
- The State Board of Licensure proposes to repeal and replace the Board Rules. A public hearing will be held May 1, 2014 at 4pm at Maine DOT. Notice of Rulemaking
- Read Proposed Rule 02-322