federal Reimbursement Information
Federal Reimbursement Procedure: FY 2012 (2011-2012 School Year)
Please note that you must close out cash management by July 15, 2011, in order to receive any funds under the new system.
If you would like to be a new Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) recipient, or need an update to receive an e-mail remittance check, click here.
- For programs that do not use the existing on-line grant system, you are in an existing reimbursement model and your process will not change.
- For certain competitive grants, there will be an allowance made for those who need an initial advance payment for startup funds. If the grantee is in one of these programs, the grantee should be mindful that start-up funds will need to be reported as expended before any future reimbursement payments are made available beyond the first advance payment. An advance may only be requested for 15 to 30 days as “working capital” in order for the SAU’s/vendors to launch their programs, but after that initial award, all payments are either on a reimbursement basis or a 72 hour advance basis. If the initial payment/advance is intended to cover July’s expenses, then the amount should not exceed 1/12th of the award.
- For funds initially allocated in FY 12 (school year 2011-12), the reimbursement process will be as follows:
- An SAU superintendent will be able to assign a designee to serve as the SAU agent for reimbursement requests.
- Once FY 12 funds are expended by the grantee, an electronic Vendor Reimbursement Request Form is filled out on-line though the Grant Application Website and is sent by email for reimbursement to the appropriate DOE program grant manager.
- A form related to the budget activities of the approved application and expenditures will need to be completed and should correspond to the original or revised budget.
- From this information, the electronic system will create the Vendor Reimbursement Request Form in a format that will allow it to be processed by the State agencies that need to be involved.
- The system will email the Vendor Reimbursement Request Form to the appropriate DOE program grant manager.
- The DOE program grant manager will check the balances, and if correct, will send the request for payment to DAFS.
- The documentation and paperwork supporting the expenditures will be available for review at the district office and be part of the financial record.
PLEASE NOTE: This process is a mechanism to provide the grantee with reimbursement of the expended funds, and the State’s approval of the request for reimbursement does not replace the accounting audit requirements nor is it an approval of the expenditures.