Habitual Truancy Reporting Guidance
Habitual Truancy Reporting
All school units are required to enter habitual truancy data into the Infinite Campus “Truancy” tab. Only authorized users who have been assigned to the Truancy user group will have access to the tab. The tab is found under: Index/Student Information/General
- Truancy reporting requires the identification of the:
- Truancy – select from the drop down list of truancy status
- Status Date – enter the date that the status changed
- Enter a new status using the New icon in the Truancy tab when the status changes. For longitudinal data purposes, please do not change an existing “Truancy” selection when the status changes. Instead, create a new entry which reflects the new status.
- Students who are habitually truant will not be removed from testing lists (MHSA, NECAP, MEA)
- For policy questions regarding habitual truancy reporting please contact Jacinda Goodwin at Jacinda.Goodwin@maine.gov or 207-624-6637.
- For technical questions regarding the Infinite Campus Truancy tab please contact the MEDMS helpdesk at MEDMS.email@example.com or 207-624-6896.
- For questions related to Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP), please contact Rachelle Tome at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 624-6705