Data has become one of the driving forces behind current school reform efforts. Recently, there has been a growing awareness that effective teaching, efficient schools, and quality data are linked. The focus of this strand is to enable program staff to help create a culture of data quality through effective data policies and procedures.
The purpose of this certification strand is to support staff in:
- Recognizing and utilizing policies and procedures which promote data quality
- Understanding and implementing standards and guidelines for data quality
- Obtaining appropriate training and support for data quality
- Maximizing the use of timelines and calendars to plan for data quality
- Realizing the interdependence of hardware, software, and network resources affecting data quality
The topics discussed include:
- The importance of data quality and its impact
- Use of the Data Standards documents for staff and student data.
- Extensive use of reports in Infinite Campus – State Edition (and a spreadsheet application)
- Executing data validation procedures and guidelines
- Obtaining professional development to support ongoing validation.
- Use of a state-wide as well as local data calendar.
- Understanding the data entry environment, both physically and electronically.
This strand is designed to meet the needs of
- Program Staff, such as:
- Curriculum / Assessment Coordinators
- Title IA Coordinators
- Special Education Directors
- Business Managers (esp. for staff data)
- … and similar roles that fulfill these duties
For questions and further information, please contact:
Lance Gilman (207) 624-6681
Travis Wood (207) 624-6810
Statewide Longitudinal Data System Trainers