Printer Friendly Version:
EPS Report Instructions
Public Schools, 60% Publicly Funded Schools & Public Charter Schools
October 2014 Reporting
- October 1, 2014: all enrollments as of October 1, 2014 must be entered correctly in Infinite Campus State Edition (ICSE)
- October 16 to October 31, 2014: Certification of these enrollments by the Superintendent must occur between these two dates. Do not certify before October 15 and do not certify after October 31, 2014. Failure to certify could result in subsidy being withheld from the School Administrative Unit.
- October 16, 2014: Certifications will not be accepted if the report was generated before this date but must be received by October 31, 2014.
April 2015 Reporting
- April 1, 2015: all enrollments as of April 1, 2015 must be entered correctly in Infinite Campus State Edition (ICSE)
- April 16 to April 30, 2015: Certification of these enrollments by the Superintendent must occur between these two dates. Do not certify before April 15 and do not certify after April 30, 2015. Failure to certify could result in subsidy being withheld from the School Administrative Unit.
- April 16, 2015: Certifications will not be accepted if the report was generated before this date but must be received by April 30, 2015.
All corrections to student information must be entered/synced into the Infinite Campus State Edition by the school that the student is attending. These changes will be reflected in the EPS Report after the next automatic update to the EPS Report occurs. Changes made to student enrollments after the automatic refresh period has ended will not be reflected in the EPS Report. (See automatic refresh schedule below)
||EPS Automatic Refresh Schedule
|October 1, 2014 EPS Report
||Updates will run automatically beginning October 1, 2014 and ending on October 15, 2014 at the end of business day. Reports can be certified beginning on October 16, 2014.
|April 1, 2015 EPS Report
||Updates will run automatically beginning April 1, 2015 and ending on April 15, 2015 at the end of business day. Reports can be certified beginning on April 16, 2015.
What if I make changes to enrollments outside the automatic refresh schedule?
If you make any changes to a student enrollment after October 15, 2014 (for the October EPS Reporting) or after April 15, 2015 (for the April EPS Reporting), the change will not be reflected on the EPS Report. To get these changes to appear on the EPS Report, you must do the following:
- Email or call firstname.lastname@example.org (207) 624-6896
- Specify the StateStudentID that needs to be updated
- Specify if this change in the student's enrollment also affects another School Administrative District in addition to yours. For example, if a student is being educated in your district as an out of district placement and you modify any of the State Reporting Fields and/or FRAM fields and/or LEP fields in Infinite Campus, you must let the MDOE know what changes you made and what school district in addition to your own this affects (meaning the resident SAU).
- If you are requesting that a student be removed completely from the EPS Report, you must let us know the student’s state ID because the process to remove a student is slightly different than the process we use to modify or add a record.
In order for the school administrative unit to receive an accurate subsidy count, some of the key fields to be completed in the Infinite Campus State Edition are:
For more detailed directions, please see the Student Data Standards
- Start Date
- Start Status (this is important in calculating the new graduation rate)
- End Date (if applicable)
- End Status (if applicable)
- Service Type (formerly Enrollment Type). This is the enrollment type of the student.
- Primary (used by most)
- Partial - for Career and Technical Ed., Special Purpose Private Schools, etc.
- Special Ed Services – for a special education student attending a private school within the town(s) of an SAU, is parentally placed and is funded by parents, but is receiving public special education services only provided by the public school administrative unit in which the town is located. This can also be used for a special education student who has been expelled from the public school, but is still receiving special services.
- English Proficiency & Home Language
- Note: English Proficiency & Home Language are no longer located in the State Reporting Fields section of the enrollment. For information regarding English Proficiency and Home Language, see the section below called "Where to Get Information Related to the LEP Module". contact Nancy.Mullins@maine.gov (624-6788)
- Resident Town Code
- Resident SAU
- FRAM Eligibility
- Fiscal Responsibility
- State Agency Client/Ward of State
- Home Schooled flag & SAU Percentage if checked
- Special Education Fields (if applicable)
- Special Ed Status
- Start Date
- Special Ed Setting
- Exit Date (if applicable)
- Exit Reason (if applicable)
A data standards document is available to support users in understanding the meaning and format of required fields in Infinite Campus. Users who enter and verify student enrollments should review the standards at: http://www.maine.gov/education/medms/standards/student/student-data-standards.pdf
If you have any questions regarding the Infinite Campus State Edition, please contact the MEDMS Help Desk, Tel. (207) 624-6896 or e-mail email@example.com
If you have any general student enrollment questions, please contact Rick Bergeron, Tel. (207) 624-6799 or Stephanie Wright, Tel. (207) 624-6865 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
EPS Report Instructions
The EPS Report (downloadable Excel file) on student information is available on the Infinite Campus State Edition. The report is available to be downloaded beginning October 1, 2014 for the October EPS Reporting and April 1, 2015 for the April EPS Reporting. This report will be updated automatically on schedule so if the information or changes in information are not included on your report, please be patient and download the data again at a later time or even the next day.
Personnel with the role of “SAU District Admin” may access this report by logging on to the Infinite Campus State Education System Log In page and implementing the steps below:
Infinite Campus State Education Systems Log In website: https://maine.infinitecampus.org/campus/mese.jsp
- Type in Username and Password and click “Sign In”
- Make sure the proper year (14-15) is selected form the Year dropdown
- Under “Index”, select “ME State Reporting”, then click on “EPS ____ Report ” for the appropriate period; October or April
- Click on “Generate Report”
At this point a dialog box will appear on your screen with the question “Do you want to open or save this file?” We recommend that you “save” this file to an appropriate place on your computer or network drive. In order to keep this file up-to-date, you need to follow the steps above each time student data are updated in the Infinite Campus State Edition.
Included in this report is the following information (note: all fields in RED are required and if not completed, the student will not be counted for subsidy):
- State Student ID
- First Name
- Last Name
- Equivalent Instruction – indicates that the student is a “Home School Education” student and the percentage of time that student is attending academic courses – this count is used to determine State subsidy for these students
- Counts4YO – indicates that the student will be counted as a four-year-old student (must be four years old by October 15th of the current school year to count for subsidy)
- CountsEK – indicates that the student will be counted as a student in early kindergarten (must be five years old by October 15th of the current school year to count for subsidy)
- Birth Date
- Age on October 15th of the current school year
- Attending SAU
- Attending School
- Resident SAU
- Resident Town
- Fiscal Responsibility
Also indicated, in this report, is whether the student is “counted” for attending or subsidy in the following categories (indicated by a 1 or zero in the column):
- CountsAttending – indicates that the student will be counted for attendance for the school administrative unit.
- CountsSubsidy – indicates that the student will be counted for subsidy purposes for the school administrative unit. Home school students are not counted in the CountsSubsidy column. Rather, they are counted in the Equivalent Instruction column.
Note – the following will only show a count if there is a count in the “CountsSubsidy” column:
- CountsFRL – indicates that the student is counted for subsidy AND will be counted for free and reduced lunch – elementary counts will be used to determine the percentage of disadvantaged students in a school administrative unit.
- CountsSPED – indicates that the student is counted for subsidy AND will be counted as a special education student.
- CountsLEP – indicates that the student is counted for subsidy AND will be counted as a LEP (Limited English Proficient) student. Note: requires completed LEP enrollment data.
- CountsStateWard/SAC– indicates that the student is counted for subsidy AND will be counted as a State Ward/State Agency Client.
- Counts PreK - indicates that the student is counted for subsidy AND will be counted for public pre-school.
- CountsK2 – indicates that the student is counted for subsidy AND will be counted for kindergarten through grade 2 targeted funds.
- CountsK5 – indicates that the student is counted for subsidy AND will be counted for kindergarten through grade 5.
- Counts68 – indicates that the student is counted for subsidy AND will be counted for grades six through grade eight.
- CountsK8 – indicates that the student is counted for subsidy AND will be counted for kindergarten through grade eight.
- CountsK12 – indicates that the student is counted for subsidy AND will be counted for kindergarten through grade twelve.
- Counts912 – indicates that the student is counted for subsidy AND will be counted for grade nine through grade twelve.
Finally, there is a “Note” column to the far right of the spreadsheet. These notes may indicate that there is a problem or error in the student’s enrollment data or indicate a reason why the student is not counted. These notes are as follows:
|100% State or Federally Funded:
||Student is flagged as100% State or Federally funded and will not count for subsidy.
|CTE Schools Cannot Have Main/Primary Enrollments:
||Students must have an attending/sending school.
|Paid by Resident SAU or EUT Invalid for Resident Student:
||Attending SAU and Resident SAU are equal and Fiscal Responsibility indicates Paid by Other SAU or EUT – (Code O). This is probably an error in the Fiscal Responsibility OR an error in the Resident SAU and Resident Town for this student. If a resident student is attending a school in the resident SAU then the fiscal responsibility should be Resident of School Unit.
|Resident of School Unit is not valid if Resident SAU and Attending SAU are not =:
||Resident SAU and Attending SAU are not equal, but Fiscal Responsibility indicates that the student is a resident of the school unit – (Code R). This is probably an error in the Fiscal Responsibility OR an error in the Resident SAU and Resident Town for this student. If a non-resident student is attending a school in another SAU, then the fiscal responsibility should not be Resident of School Unit.
|Resident Town Is Null:
||Student will not count for subsidy or attending counts because there is a null value in the resident town.
|Resident Town Is Not In the Resident SAU:
||Student will not count for subsidy or attending counts because the student’s enrollment has either an invalid Resident SAU or an Invalid Resident Town.
|Special Education Services Only:
||Student is flagged as “Home School Education” and is receiving only special education services at the public school or the student is an expelled special education student receiving special education services only. This is a message to help explain the count on this student.
|Student Attending A Private Special Purpose Program:
||Student will count for subsidy for resident SAU, but will not count for attending at attending school or SAU that has the primary/main enrollment because the student is attending a private special purpose program.
|Student being educated by Maine Indian Education:
||Subsidy will go to Maine Indian Education, regardless of resident SAU.
|Student does not count for funding. Student graduated [graduation date]:
||Student is not counted for subsidy once the student has previously graduated.
|Students from EUT are not subsidizable:
||Student is flagged to be a resident of the EUT (Education in Unorganized Territories) and is not counted for subsidy
|Student has an invalid grade and is not eligible for subsidy:
||The only grade levels allowed for students to be counted for subsidy are: 4YO, EK, K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.
|Student Must Be At Least 4 Years Old:
||Student is enrolled and student’s birth date indicates that the student is not 4 years old as of October 15 of the school year. This is a message to help explain why this student is not counted for subsidy- student does not meet the minimum age requirement of 20-A MRSA Section 5201.
|Student Must Be At Least 5 To Be In An EK or Kindergarten Program:
||Student is enrolled in EK or Kindergarten and student’s birth date indicates that the student is not 5 years old as of October 15 of the school year. This is a message to help explain why this student is not counted for subsidy- student does not meet the minimum age requirement of 20-A MRSA Section 5201.
|Student Older Than 20 As of July 1, 2014:
||Student is enrolled and student’s birth date indicates that the student is more than 20 years old as of July 1 of the school year. This is a message to help explain why this student is not counted - student does not meet the maximum age requirement of 20-A MRSA Section 5201.
|Student must be 4 to be in a 4 Year Old Program:
||Student is not counted for subsidy because student is enrolled in the 4YO grade level and is not four years old. If student is 5, the student will need to be enrolled in EK (early kindergarten), in order to count for subsidy.
|Student is enrolled in a grade outside the grade span for the primary enrollment school:
||Student is not counted for subsidy because the grade level assigned to this enrollment is outside of the grade levels approved for this school.
|Student does not count for LEP - student tested English proficient in [YearStudentTestedProficient]:
||Student does not count for LEP because the student tested proficient in English
|Student does not count for funding. Student has been truant since [FirstTruancyDate] :
||Student does not count for subsidy because the student has been designated truant on or before the April 1 counts, has been truant all year and is still enrolled.
|School does not have an approved Four Year Old Program:
||Student is enrolled in grade 4YO but the school is not approved for this grade level.
|Student on Superintendent Agreement - student being counted by [AttendingSAU]:
||This is for informational purposes only showing that the student is enrolled under a Superintendent's Agreement and subsidy is given to the attending district versus the resident district.
To assist you in making sure all students are being counted properly, there are other reports in the ME State Reporting section of Infinite Campus State Edition.
- Attending Student Download:
This report lists all student who have been enrolled in the district (can be filtered by school) throughout the school year. Therefore, students who have left the district will remain on this report but can be filtered out based on end date. The download also displays, in RED, any missing information that could impact subsidy. These red cells must be cleaned up before certifying the EPS report. This report does not show students who have Invalid Enrollments (see below).
- Invalid Enrollments:
If a student is enrolled using the Student Locator within Infinite Campus, often times the person creating the enrollment forgets to go back and complete the enrollment by filling in the required State Reporting Fields (see fields listed in red above). If this occurs, this is called an invalid enrollment and the student will not be counted for subsidy. It is recommended that every school looks at their Invalid Enrollment Report to make sure that all students enrolled are being counted properly. Once these invalid enrollments are cleaned up, the student will then appear on the Attending Student Download and the EPS report.
In addition, students who do not have a value in the following fields will be counted as an Invalid Enrollment:
- no value in the FRAM module
- no birthdate
- no date entered in the DateEnrolledInUSSchool (for LEP students only)
- Out of District Placements:
This report displays students who are residents of your district but are attending a school outside your district. This also has the same fields, in RED, as above to show you why you may or may not be receiving subsidy for a particular student. This report shows students attending private special purpose schools, public charter schools, CTE centers/regions, 60% public schools, etc. Any private school must enroll publicly funded students however they are not required to enter students if they are not publicly funded.
- Valid Enrollment Report:
This report shows aggregate counts for all Maine schools in the following categories:
- Count of Primary Enrollments (both valid and invalid)
- Count of Invalid Primary Enrollments
- Count of Primary Enrollments Missing Race/Ethnicity
- Count of Total Valid Primary Enrollments
- Count of Partial Enrollments (both valid and invalid)
- Count of Invalid Partial Enrollments
- Count of Partial Enrollments Missing Race/Ethnicity
- Count of Total Valid Partial Enrollments
Where to Get Information Related to the LEP Module
The LEP Module module provides a central location for managing LEP information such as the date the student was identified as LEP, when the student entered/exited an LEP program, when the student is expected to leave an LEP program and First Year/Second Year Monitoring data. For students who exited and/or re-entered an LEP program, historical records are kept and displayed on the tab which is viewable in both State and District Editions of Infinite Campus. The LEP module is located under Index>Student Information>Program Participation> LEP.
A complete overview of Maine LEP module can be found at:* https://community.infinitecampus.com/kb/display/DOC/LEP
A more technical look at the new LEP Module can be found at:* https://community.infinitecampus.com/kb/display/DOC/Maine+LEP+Modifications
- NOTE: Maine will not be using the LEP Accommodations tab
*You will need to have or attain a Campus ID and password to access the documents above. The links above will take you to the login/sign-up page first and then on to the LEP page once you log in or create an account.
Upload changes specific to 2014/15:
Those schools that are not on Infinite Campus District Edition must upload their enrollment data from a file created by their specific Student Information System (SIS). The Maine DOE has worked with all the different vendors and have provided the updated file schemas. The document which details these schemas can be found here: