Skip Maine state header navigation

Agencies | Online Services | Help





TO:†††††††††††††††† Superintendents of Schools


FROM:†††††††††† Susan A. Gendron, Commissioner


DATE:††††††††††† July 25, 2003


RE:†††††††††††††††† Applications for 2003-04 Temporary Interim Instructional Space and Administrative Lease Purchase Space


Applications for the RENEWAL of the following must be submitted to the Department of Education by September 1, 2003.



**RENEWAL applications for instructional space approved by the Department for the 1998-99 school year, or previously, must be accompanied by a copy of the long range facilities plan and a completed Application for Revolving Renovation Fund and New Temporary Interim Instructional Leased Space as well as the EF-B-56T.


To help ensure compliance with rules and eligibility for support, applications for NEW Temporary Interim Instructional Space must include:


  1. Application for Revolving Renovation Fund and ***Temporary Interim Instructional Leased Space,and
  2. Application for Temporary Interim Instructional Space (EF-B-56T).When completing the EF-B-56T, please refer back to your approved 2002-03 application for the appropriate lease number (Line 5).


***NEW Temporary Interim Instructional Space applications may be submitted at any time, but to be eligible for subsidy support for 2003-04, applications must be submitted to the Department of Education by September 1, 2003.


All 2003-04 application forms for requesting subsidy support are posted on line at: or you may contact Michael Kucsma or Darek Grant for an electronic or hard copy.


For your convenience, the Department of Educationís Chapter 64 rules governing lease space are available at:


For further information regarding leases, please contact Michael Kucsma ( at (207) 624-6885 or Darek Grant ( at (207) 624-6849.