Help us with our Landslide Inventory.
- The Maine Geological Survey is compiling a list of recent Maine landslides (1987 to present). This data will be used by state, county, and local officials, consultants, and utilities to assist them in planning, regional landslide analysis, and hazard mitigation planning.
- Short descriptions of landslides which have occurred around the state.
- Aftermath of the 1996 Rockland Landslide (PDF, 0.7Mb)
- Brunswick, Maine Patriots' Day 2007 Landslide (PDF, 1.4Mb)
- Coastal Landslide Hazards
- Coastal Landslide with Outrunner Blocks, Bunganuc Bluff (PDF, 1.7Mb)
- Greenbush Landslide: June 30 - July 2, 2006 (PDF, 1.4Mb)
- Landslide Susceptibility Mapping in Maine (PDF, 1.4Mb)
- Norridgewock Landslide: July 9, 2009 (PDF, 1.5Mb)
- The Great Landslide of 1868, Westbrook, Maine (PDF, 1.2Mb)
- The April 1996 Rockland Landslide
- Bibliography of Maine Geology - For those interested in more in-depth research, the Bibliography of Maine Geology contains more than 12,000 references related to Maine geology. The Bibliography is part of our publications search site and the results displayed will have links to online Maine Geological Survey maps and publications.
Last updated on April 11, 2012