Home → Financial Assistance for Veterans and Service Members
Financial Assistance for Veterans and Service Members
There are several programs in Maine that assist veterans and service members who need critical help with rent, car repairs, etc. Most programs require you to have your DD 214 or other discharge or separation records. If you need a copy of your DD 214, we may have it! You can either request a copy here or you can visit any of our offices for a copy.
Programs that provide financial support for Maine's veterans and service members include:
- Easter Seals – Stacy Leet, Care Coordinator, Military & Veterans Services, 207-828-0754, x1004
- American Red Cross – American Red Cross Hero Center (1-877-272-7337); Eric Gates, Services to the Armed Forces Manager, 207-729-6779, x202.
- Goodwill Veterans Fund - 207-774-6323
- Wounded Heroes Program of Maine – Pam Payeur, 207-468-1026, email@example.com
- *Maine Department of Labor Rural Veterans Coordination Pilot Flexible Employment Fund – Tracy Weymouth, Outreach Supervisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
*Only available to veterans who separated from the military on or after August 26, 2012
- Maine National Guard Foundation Fund – 1-888-365-9287
Some Veteran Service Organizations may also be able to provide emergency funding. Find the post nearest you by clicking on the links below.