Financial Assistance for Veterans and Service Members

There are several programs in Maine that assist veterans and service members who need critical help with rent, car repairs, etc. Most programs require you to have your DD 214 or other discharge or separation records. If you need a copy of your DD 214, we may have it! You can either request a copy here or you can visit any of our offices for a copy.< Programs that provide financial support for Maine's veterans and service members include:

  • FedCap -Veterans Forward - 844-653-0316
    Phone: 844-653-0316
    Veterans Forward’s mission is to empower Maine's veterans, service members, and their families towards a brighter future. By offering tailored support to address each veteran's specific needs, we strive to eliminate any hindrances to their health, safety, and overall well-being. With a commitment to filling in the gaps in care left by other resources, Veterans Forward is honored to serve the veteran community in Maine with unwavering dedication.
  • American Red Cross - 24/7 Hero Care Network - (1-877-272-7337)
    Phone: (800) 464-6692 - option 3 then option 2.

    Providing Access to Financial Assistance -
    American Red Cross has a partnership with military aid societies and other military service organizations, the Red Cross provides 24/7 access to emergency financial assistance for service members and their families. Financial assistance may include help with emergency travel, rent, food, utilities, and other expenses.

    Who is Eligible for Financial Assistance
    Call the American Red Cross Hero Care Center at 1-877-272-7337 (toll-free) if you are:

    • An active-duty service member
    • A member of an activated National Guard or Reserve unit
    • An immediate family member of a service member in the above two categories
    • A military retiree or spouse/widow(er) of a retiree
    All military, veterans, and their family members are eligible for information and referral services.