Efficiency Maine Trust
- Application Portal for Travel, Tourism, and Hospitality Retrofits (open until May 1, 2023)
- Application Portal for School Retrofits (open until May 31, 2023)
- Application Portal for Manufacturer Thermal Efficiency Projects (open until June 30, 2023)
- Application Portal for Small Maine Municipality and Tribal Government Buildings (open until August 31, 2023)
Energy efficiency upgrades and home weatherization reduces reliance on expensive, carbon-emitting fossil fuels, and saves money on annual heating and electricity bills by bolstering insulation, sealing drafty rooms, and upgrading outdated heating and cooling systems and other appliances. By working through local contractors, these investments also support Maine’s more than 1,500 local energy efficiency businesses.
Efficiency Maine Trust, the independent agency charged with improving energy efficiency across the state, is expanding its existing residential weatherization program by $25 million to offer subsidized air sealing and insulation upgrades to low- and moderate-income homeowners. It will also invest $25 million to expand incentives for energy efficiency upgrades in municipal, county, and school buildings, and accelerate similar retrofits among small businesses, community organizations, and industrials. Visit Efficiency Maine Trust through the links above to learn more about how to access rebates and find contractors for weatherization and effieciency projects.
News & Resources
- 8/30/2022: Governor Mills, Efficiency Maine Announce Maine Jobs & Recovery Plan Initiative to Cut Energy Costs in Public Buildings, Save Taxpayer Dollars
- 6/17/2022: Governor Mills & Efficiency Maine Announce $15 Million Maine Jobs & Recovery Plan Initiative to Cut Energy Costs in Schools and Public Buildings
- 5/02/2022: Governor Mills & Efficiency Maine Announce $4 Million Maine Jobs & Recovery Plan Program to Reduce Energy Costs for Hospitality Businesses
- 11/05/2021: Governor Mills: Cutting energy costs for Maine families, reducing our carbon emissions, and strengthening our clean energy workforce (Weekly Radio Address)
- 11/04/2021: Governor Mills Announces Maine Jobs & Recovery Plan Initiatives to Cut Energy Costs for Maine Families, Reduce Carbon Emissions, and Strengthen Clean Energy Workforce