Are you a healthcare practitioner seeking controlled substances licensing?

Not having the Federal equivalent of the Controlled Substances Act of 1970, Maine does not require healthcare practitioners register as does the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

Whereas Maine does not require such registration, there is no system in place to transfer such registration from another state.

Except as otherwise authorized or restricted, healthcare practitioners or other persons authorized by law or rule to administer, dispense, prescribe or sell scheduled or prescription drugs or controlled substances are exempted by Maine law. See Title 22, §2383-B: Authorized possession by individuals (

If you are inquiring about a registration or status of your application, you will find the answers to those questions @ DEA Diversion Control Division ( Registration support is available by calling 1-800-882-9539 (8:30 am-5:50 pm ET) or be email at

Are you are inquiring about Maine’s medical use and recreational marijuana laws?

You will find answers to those online @ Frequently Asked Questions | Office of Cannabis Policy ( or contacting the Office of Cannabis Policy @ (207) 287-3282.