> Tips > Help your neighbors weather the storm
Help your neighbors weather the storm
April 17, 2014
So you have everything you need in an emergency? You're hale and hearty and can deal with most anything? Maybe even a generator if the lights go out? That's great. But maybe your neighbors and friends are not as able to deal with adversity. In any severe weather, please reach out to your family, neighbors and friends to make sure they are okay, and help them weather the storm.
Sign up to receive our Daily Safety and Preparedness Tips
- July 10, 2014: Always put campfires out
- July 9, 2014: Are we having a heat wave?
- July 8, 2014: It's hot! Make sure your pets are not.
- July 7, 2014: Check on your neighbors during hot weather
- July 6, 2014: Keep your cool when it's too darn hot!
- July 5, 2014: Use gas grills safely
- July 4, 2014: Make sure it's only the food that gets broiled.
- July 3, 2014: Summer brings barbecues; use grills safely
- July 2, 2014: What's the weather going to be today?
- July 1, 2014: So you think we don't have tornadoes in Maine?
- June 30, 2014: Make sure those alerts keep on coming
- June 29, 2014: On a beautiful day in the neighborhood, prepare for when it's not
- June 28, 2014: Just because you saw it on the Internet doesn't mean it's true
- June 27, 2014: But I didn't know it was going to rain!
- June 26, 2014: When thunder roars, go indoors!
- June 25, 2014: Do a battery inventory
- June 24, 2014: High-tech can protect your pet
- June 23, 2014: Do you know what your workplace emergency plan is?
- June 23, 2014: Sometimes a copy can be the real thing
- June 21, 2014: Put "check-up" dates on your calendar
- June 20, 2014: Charcoal grill? Outside only
- June 19, 2014: Keep a list of freezer contents posted on the freezer door
- June 18, 2014: Can you hear me now?
- June 17, 2014: Trim those trees.
- June 15, 2014: Get a lot of preparedness for a little investment
- June 15, 2014: Learn CPR and First Aid
- June 14, 2014: Lightning kills, play it safe
- June 13, 2014: Start with a list of phone numbers
- June 12, 2014: Don't leave that candle in the window
- June 11, 2014: Safety is a state of mind