Your plainest bracelet might be the most valuable
January 15, 2014
Make sure anyone in your family with medical conditions is wearing a bracelet or necklace indicating the condition.
In the event of a disaster, you may be separated from your loved one, who may not be able to inform medical personnel of any conditions or allergies to medications they may have.
- December 28, 2014: Donate clean, usable clothing to a local agency
- December 27, 2014: This week is a good time to update your family communications plan
- December 26, 2014: It's Boxing Day. It's what?
- December 25, 2014: Peace on earth, good will toward men
- December 24, 2014: Tis the night before Christmas.
- December 23, 2014: The Twelfth Day of Christmas: An Updated Phone List
- December 22, 2014: The Eleventh Day of Christmas: The Humble Flashlight
- December 21, 2014: The Tenth Day of Christmas: Shiny New House Numbers
- December 20, 2014: The Ninth Day of Christmas: First Aid and CPR Training
- December 19, 2014: The Eighth Day of Christmas: First Aid Kits
- December 18, 2014: The Seventh Day of Christmas: A NOAA Weather Radio
- December 17, 2014: The Sixth Day of Christmas: Pet Disaster Supplies
- December 16, 2014: The Fifth Day of Christmas: Disaster Supplies
- December 15, 2014: The Fourth Day of Christmas: A Fire Escape Ladder
- December 14, 2014: The Third Day of Christmas: A Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- December 13, 2014: The Second Day of Christmas: A Smoke Alarm
- December 12, 2014: The First Day of Christmas: A Portable Radio
- December 11, 2014: Make a list and check it twice
- December 10, 2014: Light up your life when the power goes out
- December 9, 2014: Christmas trees unfortunately make great torches
- December 8, 2014: Anything can happen on the road, at any time
- December 7, 2014: It's a day of remembrance. Listen to those who remember.
- December 6, 2014: Candles and window drapes don't mix
- December 5, 2014: It's cold! Are your family and neighbors warm enough?
- December 4, 2014: Blowing and drifting snow: the gift that keeps on giving
- December 3, 2014: What, snow in Maine in the winter?
- December 2, 2014: "It's a Marshmallow World in the Winter" but don't get stuck
- December 1, 2014: "The first of December was covered with snow"?
- November 30, 2014: Share your best preparedness tip
- November 29, 2014: Space blankets, the final frontier